Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Factory BPipe Modified or Limited Chamber

Hi, I am looking to add a factory bpipe to my 2009 Superjet and am wondering if anyone could advise whether to go for the modified chamber or limited chamber.... The ski is stock (at the moment) however i will be getting an ada head and msd enhancer. I will not be porting the engine or making any serious engine mods..... I use this ski for recreational sking and bouy carving not freestyle - i want to go fast, not do tricks such as subs, bulldogs or barrel rolls.

Please advise which bpipe is best for my needs and also advise the main differences between the 2 pipes.

Thanks for the help.

Lee

+1
    http://www.x-h2o.com/ This is the stand up website. You'll have a good chance finding a b-pipe there and getting some more of questions answered. nice ski.....SJ's are awesome

+1
    Get the limited chamber if you're not ported, will work great for what you are doing...you'll notice instant power with the pipe.

Keep it that way until you get want more power to go quicker and faster (porting)...usually this will be enough to keep you smiling for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    Get the limited chamber if you're not ported, will work great for what you are doing...you'll notice instant power with the pipe.

Keep it that way until you get want more power to go quicker and faster (porting)...usually this will be enough to keep you smiling for a while.
    Thanks Pistonwash - would the mod chamber work the same or better than a ltd pipe on a non ported engine. Do you need a ported engine to run the mod pipe? Would it be better to buy a mod pipe just incase i decide to get the engine ported in the future?

PS - i see you are getting an FZR... I got one in March and it is amazing..... Mine is still stock and it destroyed my friends 2007 GPR with stage 1 kit. You will enjoy.....

Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    http://www.x-h2o.com/ This is the stand up website. You'll have a good chance finding a b-pipe there and getting some more of questions answered. nice ski.....SJ's are awesome
    Thanks very much - i will take a look.

+1
    Dont forget you need dual cooling ...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Dont forget you need dual cooling ...!!!
    got it - thanks...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    Thanks Pistonwash - would the mod chamber work the same or better than a ltd pipe on a non ported engine. Do you need a ported engine to run the mod pipe? Would it be better to buy a mod pipe just incase i decide to get the engine ported in the future?

PS - i see you are getting an FZR... I got one in March and it is amazing..... Mine is still stock and it destroyed my friends 2007 GPR with stage 1 kit. You will enjoy.....

The mod pipe won't work as well as the limited pipe on a non-ported engine. You'll lose bottom end punch..it is designed for bigger ports and flow.

Stick with the limited pipe, you'll love it.

+1
    Personally...I've ran both...worked on both and raced around the lakes on them and I personally find the MOD pipe was better. I just picked up a brand new MOD pipe from Factory after a 3 year wait. I've bought 5 MOD pipes and one limited and I always "felt" that MOD had killer bottom power even on a stock ported 61X cylinder. I found that the MOD pipe would pull a Limited pipe by about 1-1.5 boats from a very slow idle to WOT runs.

Piston has been around for quite some time and he does know his stuff....but I like the MOD better.

M

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpeavler View Post
    Personally...I've ran both...worked on both and raced around the lakes on them and I personally find the MOD pipe was better. I just picked up a brand new MOD pipe from Factory after a 3 year wait. I've bought 5 MOD pipes and one limited and I always "felt" that MOD had killer bottom power even on a stock ported 61X cylinder. I found that the MOD pipe would pull a Limited pipe by about 1-1.5 boats from a very slow idle to WOT runs.

Piston has been around for quite some time and he does know his stuff....but I like the MOD better.

M

On a race course the limited is quicker for all intents and purposes..we ran both back in the day and the limited was first to the buoy. Because it sends more back pressure in the mid range for a non-ported engine.

We also ran the limited pipe on your beloved Blaster... it was also quicker on the race course.

So nah, nah Peavey!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information