Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

winterizing 150 ?

so i live in northern va and need opinions on winterizing my 150. over the last few years it has not been that cold here and since last year my only local seadoo dealershit (Coleman power sports) charged me for a winterizing and did not do a dam thing i need to know if this is a must do. the boat stays in a attached garage (townhouse) and last year i watched the temp in the garage and it did not even get close to freez. so what to do? im realey just looking for opinions on this thanks for any help.

Ryan

I have the same exact boat and we keep ours outside so I need to know whats mandatory for winterizing. THanks

if it can frost put some antifreeze by the plug at the rear for the water hose.fast way connect the garden hose start it for 5min at idle no more.after that make a hose that connect to a bucket put some antifreeze in it put it higher than the boat let the antifreeze flow and start the motor.when it come green at the back shot the motor disconnect the hose.you shoud change the oil put some gaz stabiliser remove the rear cone of the pump to make shure it doesn't have any water there.and fog the motor on a 4tech you suppose to remove the injector to lubricate the intake valve.

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar

This is how I winterize my 155 HP Sportster 4-tec

Here is the thread about how I winterize my 2006 sea doo sportster--->http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38879

I don't think you can do that with the SCIC engine. When you run on the hose, it doesn't go through the intercooler or exhaust manifold jacket. I think you need to drain the intercooler and fill it with antifreeze per the manual.

I don't drain mine, but I live in Louisiana and it rarely freezes here and my boat is in a garage. Also, I got an engine compartment heater from WestMarine and put it in the engine compartment. I put one of those Radioshack remote temp sensors in there and it normally runs 5-8 deg F above ambient, so I think I am ok.

Jim

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    thats why I love my texas weather, lol never have to worry about freezing!

well looks like i will be using a garage heater hope it does the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by RightOnTarget1 View Post
    I don't think you can do that with the SCIC engine. When you run on the hose, it doesn't go through the intercooler or exhaust manifold jacket. I think you need to drain the intercooler and fill it with antifreeze per the manual.

I don't drain mine, but I live in Louisiana and it rarely freezes here and my boat is in a garage. Also, I got an engine compartment heater from WestMarine and put it in the engine compartment. I put one of those Radioshack remote temp sensors in there and it normally runs 5-8 deg F above ambient, so I think I am ok.

Jim

The post I started RE: Flush Port, the replies indicate that YES indeed the Flush Port feeds the IC and EM.

ncarbon, thanks for pointing me there. I thought just like you did. That diagram is sure not clear. However, I am not sure I understand it.

I'm making assumptions here because I have never disconnected the downstream end of the J-pipe, but we know water can flow back up the J-pipe to the inside of the exhaust manifold. Otherwise, we wouldn't need exhaust pressure when flushing. So, we know the pressure drop that direction is low, that is, there is little resistance to flow. Going back toward the intercooler would require flowing through those two 3/8s pieces of hose, through the exhaust manifold jacket, back to the intercooler. I'll bet that not very much of the flow goes that direction.

I'm sure I'm not understanding something.

Quote Originally Posted by RightOnTarget1 View Post
    ncarbon, thanks for pointing me there. I thought just like you did. That diagram is sure not clear. However, I am not sure I understand it.

I'm making assumptions here because I have never disconnected the downstream end of the J-pipe, but we know water can flow back up the J-pipe to the inside of the exhaust manifold. Otherwise, we wouldn't need exhaust pressure when flushing. So, we know the pressure drop that direction is low, that is, there is little resistance to flow. Going back toward the intercooler would require flowing through those two 3/8s pieces of hose, through the exhaust manifold jacket, back to the intercooler. I'll bet that not very much of the flow goes that direction.

I'm sure I'm not understanding something.

I agree the diagram is misleading, according to the responses, the J-pipe is jacketed and that is how the reverse flow allows the flush port to flush IC and EM. I wondered how the EM was cooled on the flush port, I thought it would heat up fast with no cooling.

Ned

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information