Thread: RXP-X Colors

RXP-X Colors

Hi,

I need to repaint a small part of my RPX-X with original color, does anyone know exactly what color scheme(code) seadoo uses?

Dealer is telling me its impossible to imitate, and seadoo dosn't provide that info.

thanks,
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by pguerreiro View Post
    Hi,

I need to repaint a small part of my RPX-X with original color, does anyone know exactly what color scheme(code) seadoo uses?

Dealer is telling me its impossible to imitate, and seadoo dosn't provide that info.

thanks,
    Pedro
    There a some wholesale auto body paint supply stores that have a gun type scanner. They press it against the surface of the area of the color you want mixed and the scanning gun can usually get the code. Usually but not always. It worked for me when I wrecked the fairings on a Kawi ZX 6.

looks like seadoo mixed with the paint a non uniform mix of a metal paint, not easy to find, do you think that with that scanner its enought to solve this situation?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    any really good auto painter should be able to match it I have had an rxtx with a section repainted after a crash and you cant see the repair even in full sunlight.
    seadoo do offer ppg codes for all gealcotes and paints.
    if you really want them I can get them for you.

paint we use
    is a course silver metalic with deep flake wicked colour match

MILF -Most Interesting Little Female Rxpx-Milf's Avatar
    First you can get the colors matter of fact the name is called swift silver and the orange I don't know for sure but someone told me that it was the same as a nissan 350z. I hope that helps you. I got my color codes for my PX at Riva.

The 350z orange is metallic. I dont think that the rxpx is...

Ive been through this same issue pedro. Finding the color code and someone who can actually use it to make paint are a major PITA. I recommend taking it to someone and having them scan it. We went to a shop that supplies paint to body shops and they were able to scan both our maya gold and apple green skis to make paint. The color match was spot-on.

Quote Originally Posted by jasonze View Post
    any really good auto painter should be able to match it I have had an rxtx with a section repainted after a crash and you cant see the repair even in full sunlight.
    seadoo do offer ppg codes for all gealcotes and paints.
    if you really want them I can get them for you.
    If you can get me the paint code for the rxp-x (200 for me I would apreciate!

are there any way to get the paint from seadoo?

thanks,
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Rxpx-Milf View Post
    First you can get the colors matter of fact the name is called swift silver and the orange I don't know for sure but someone told me that it was the same as a nissan 350z. I hope that helps you. I got my color codes for my PX at Riva.
    What do you mean you get your color codes from RIVA? can you send me the link? Is it the original silver code of rxpx'08?

thanks,
    Pedro

Thread Information