Pulled "crud" into the ski and..............

I now have the high temp going off - I think.

I was going up a flowage yesterday, and had to slow to a troll while waiting to go around a pontoon boat that was stirring up all the crap off the bottom. I was behind him for about 5 minutes all the while sucking this crap into the "system".

a half an hour later while going WFO, I had a beep go off. I thought I might have hit the "low fuel" beep, but when I stopped I had four bars left. I checked for error codes right away, and sure enough I had one but can't remember what it was.

Later when I got the ski home I checked for error codes again, and it came up with nothing. I am guessing a "hi-temp" sensor went off........

I am guessing the strainer has some debris in it, and I am going to pull the pump off tonight to check that.

BUT, assuming I find nothing in the strainer, I will flush the ski real good, but is there some hoses that I can take off to inspect further, ETC? Intercooler? Waterbox?

Give me some advice here guys.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    does P-0544 ring a bell?

Honestly, I can't remember................. I thought it might have been P-1043?

So if you unplug the lanyard the error codes go away and are no longer stored in memory?

Shib, tell me what you would look at to make sure all the crap is out?

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    well the error codes are still stored in memory, but not gauge memory.... gauges store info for one DESS period.... once u pull the lanyard the guage resets it's memory for fault codes.... but all faults and everything that happens is still stored but only readable via BUDS at the dealer.

flushing the ski wont really clear a blockage bc of the way the flush lines are designed... half the water goes in reverse thru the system while the rest dumps into the waterbox and goes right out... so if you want to be really thorough....

remove the j-pipe and poke a pointer of some sorts into all 3 piss holes make sure it's clear, take a tooth brush or wire brush to the EGT sensor in the outlet pipe of the waterbox and just clean it off, and disconnect the water lines for the intercooler and run the hose right thru it so u get full flow thru the intercooler unlike when u flush it.... and like u said check the pump strainer, the black plastic hex cap plug..... if u cover all those basis there's no way you'd really have a blockage or ounce of sediment in the raw water lines...

if problem still persists, then remember the error code or run it to the dealer and throw it on the computer and see what the error code was

Thread Information