Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bow bouncing

bow bouncing

maybe someone can shed some light on the latest my rxp has started to do,

im trying to get a high speed run in so whenever i go wot with trim full bow up the ski bow just bounces up and down and then i have to move my bodyweight forward to stop it... this happens regauardless of how much fuel i have.

im not running a pump wedge which at my stage most do, is this why? or will a wedge make it worse....

thoughts please

Quote Originally Posted by russ View Post
    maybe someone can shed some light on the latest my rxp has started to do,

im trying to get a high speed run in so whenever i go wot with trim full bow up the ski bow just bounces up and down and then i have to move my bodyweight forward to stop it... this happens regauardless of how much fuel i have.

im not running a pump wedge which at my stage most do, is this why? or will a wedge make it worse....

thoughts please
    Do you have these?
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=352

+1
    the wedge will make it worse. dduck is right, if you don't have your OPAS blocked up, this is your issue. if you do have it blocked up then you have bigger problems like water in your hull or a hanging intake grate/pump shoe/rideplate.

+1
    Pump wedge makes it ride like a bucking bull on hard turns on power ...

+1
    U need riva pro blockoffs or the RE's to fix it. The opas is fixed on the rxp, and dosen't move up and down. Also 1-2 notches down from full trim up, is the best for speed runs.

+1
    Adjust your trim down if it bounces at full up.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Adjust your trim down if it bounces at full up.
    This is the easiest fix. Most people find best speeds with the trim between the middle and top. With the trim full up, it porpoises and also the pump loses efficiency due to the water abruptly changing direction at the trim nozzle.

ahhh ok, i dont have the re blockoffs just the standard riva block off plate.

the ski never did this when standard, only started it since i started modifying, and because i did blocks of fitting parts i dont know if one thing has caused it....

i have fitted a rd grate would this cause it? i have noticed speed to be down with the grate but the ski is now awesome in the chop, and it feels planted and does not at all feel like its over stuffing the pump.

so if im better to have the trim down a little what are the benefits of running a wedge? im looking to get good top speed and a wedge always seems to be a part of this but dont want to fit one with this bouncing as it just gets to the point its like riding a rodeo.

Now...please understand....I don't have the techno-speek to accurately discribe what the wedge will do...balls on the money.....but you'll get the idea....at least as I understand it.

The angles I'm gonna discribe are exagerated....

With the wedge between the pump and the nozzle it lessens the severity of the changes in...direction...that water is forced through.

Lets say, with a wedge......water coming outa the pump hits a change of direction at say 2*....then the vts nozzle changes it again at 2*.....total change in direction is 4*.

Say without the wedge...you have to set your nozzle at 4* to do the same thing....except the water has to go to a much more drastic change of direction, and that scrubs speed.

I liken it to....a plumbing excerize. Water leaving a 90* bend loses a lot of velocity when compared to one leaving a 90* sweep. The change in direction is the same...one's more of a gradual change.

I'm sure the experts won't be afraid to point any mistakes or misunderstanding in my.....explanation.

ahhh ok i get the point of a wedge. i was understanding that the point of a wedge was to simply get more of the craft out the water to increase top speed, but i have never found anyone that has recommended a wedge as a wow it gave me more speed kind of mod.

i will continue to chase the odd mph here and there...........

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information