GPS's an 06 GP1300R, is this a good number?

GPS's my buddy's GPR1300 yesturday, his machine has 6hrs on it , so im sure its not broken in yet but he went 66.1mph with a half tank of gas, is this good for a stock 1300 other than sponsons and grate. Other runs were a 2003 GTX N/A -57mph, RXP STG 1+ BOV and exhaust- 74.8mph. The water was 78deg and air temp was 82, with a slight chop in the water!! The reason im asking this for my buddy is cause he seemed kinda dissapointed!! , will his machine get any faster or is that it, is it broken in!!

+1
    Thats real good. Most "stock" boats are running 65-66 mph

Thats better than mine was, I was running 65.2 stock. If anything the grate might have slowed him down (depending on which one he added).

Awesome then so he wont see much more than that im guessing stock than. He used to have a GP1200R, with D plate, highflow exhaust tube, sponsons,grate, flame arrestors and impellar, and it went 65mph so... now he just needs to start modding his new one, is there any suggestions for what he should do, anything like freeby quick and easy to do like fill the ride plate hole, anything else , im just trying to help him out i know the older GPR's had pump shoe issues correct i think they fixed that with the newer ones right!!

+1
    get yer buddy to race an rxp in heavy chop...thats the only place he stands a chance against an rxp , with his stock set-up.

Modded ride plate is an easy bolt on.

Quote Originally Posted by WFO
    Thats real good. Most "stock" boats are running 65-66 mph
    SpeedJunky was getting above 67mph stock and that was at 1150ft above sea level.

I have an 06 RXP STG 1 + BOV and exhaust and my buddy's GPR cant touch me in the rough stuff, not yet anyways. But i will agree those GPR's are no slouch when it comes to rough stuff!! thats forsure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid
    SpeedJunky was getting above 67mph stock and that was at 1150ft above sea level.
    Yep, she was running 67.4mph stock.

Quote Originally Posted by NeverEndn
    I have an 06 RXP STG 1 + BOV and exhaust and my buddy's GPR cant touch me in the rough stuff, not yet anyways. But i will agree those GPR's are no slouch when it comes to rough stuff!! thats forsure.
    Your buddy stock?

I walked past a stock GPR in 2ft chop with my setup. However against SpeedJunky's other ski its a different story. Im about 1~2mph faster in ideal conditions, but in chop he walks by me. Speedjunky's ski doesn't beat me as bad in the chop now since he switched to the R&D rideplate for more top end.

I think the aftermarket grate and trim tabs make a huge difference on the GPR in chop. RXP with RE opas blocks or RIVA pro blocks and an aftermarket grate isn't too bad in chop.

Thread Information