Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: SUNk my ski

SUNk my ski

well out riding yesterdsay atfter getting my RR water box in and went and turn her ass a weave got me the wrong way and the ski flipped over i finaly got it back over but it was to late only about a foot of the nose was out of the water when a boater showed up and pulled me to the beach thank god they got there

but on the other hand pulled the spark plugs last night and intake and intercooler let all the water run out turned it over a few times with out the spark plugs put them back in and she fire up for me i let it run at around 2000rpms and sprayed lub into the throttle body to coat everything imma change the oil tonight put a new filter in it and hope fully every thing will come out ok on this but yeahs very bad day yesterday

let me know about any news yall could put foawrd to help me on this issue thanks

tommy

Quote Originally Posted by MONKEY
    let me know about any news yall could put foawrd to help me on this issue thanks
    tommy
    You should check the oil...if milky at all it must be changed one or two times warming up in between. I sunk my ski because the exhaust hose came loose in the hull. I did not sink quite as deep as you did and there was no water in my oil but checking and changing the oil is critical asap.

+1
    get it in the water and run it for a good hr and i mean a good hour

Oil change, Oil change, Oil change!!!

Keep changing that oil till it comes clean. If it's not comming clean check the intake manifold for more water. Once it's clean ride her for a good hour and bake it dry then for good measure do another change and put fresh plugs in.

There is a write up in the tech section too that is helpful......

Good luck.

+1
    yea what he said "change the oil"

haha yeah thats what im doing now i got 6q oil so imma get as much as i can put fresh in and run it off the house for a while then change it agin and agin take as much as i can that time then prolly tomorrow take it out and ride it

+1
    Dude I had the same thing happen to me I sank mine also... I feel your pain.

Here's a tip for ya. Go to the auto parts store and get the cheapest 10w-40 you can get and get a case or two of it then when your ready to do the last oil change put the good stuff of your choice in and call it a day...

Don`t continuosly run the ski on the hose, it is only meant to flush the exhaust for no more than 5 minutes! you cannot get it hot enough on the hose! ...PR...

yeah im running 10w-30 in it right now on the same oil filter that was init so i wont wast a filter haha but yeah i was worried cus it still wouldnt start to day unlike it did last night for a second and hell turned out there was like 2 gallons of water in the fuel tank so its running better all the time the rpm keep going from aroung 16 to 2400 but its starting to level out for me but yeah i know i have just been running it for a few mins at a time not long anuff for it to get reall hot i was going to take it out tomorrow and run it

but it keeps flashing maintence and it did that from when i burnt out the water box so i figured what the hell its should be fine prolly just triped the ecu and put in a code and like its also flashing check engine so do you all think i should take it to the dealer on this one to get them to run dianostics on it and also

i found ou the reason it may have sunk cus i was riding all day sunday and when i turned it threw me off and fliped over liek up side down but turned out that the hose on the top of the manifold ya know top of the j-pipe was loose and spraying water in the hull but yeah let me know on this stuff guy thanks alot for the help

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information