Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    canadian iceman
    +1

s.d. centre ecu vs stock rxpx

i have a rxpx with 4 inch air/ free flow exhaust, et extreme chrgr, 48 lb injectors, rrfpr, just ADDED SEADOO CENTRE ECU 8650 LIMIT, SEADOO CENTRE TI RETAINERS, ...MY QUESTION IS ....CAN I RUN THIS ECU( AS IT IS A STOCK CLASS ECU) WITH MY ET-EXTREME CHARGER?? I ASSUME AS LONG AS I USE MY HANDY DANDY LM2 FOR THE AFR READING?? ANYONE??

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    i have a rxpx with 4 inch air/ free flow exhaust, et extreme chrgr, 48 lb injectors, rrfpr, just ADDED SEADOO CENTRE ECU 8650 LIMIT, SEADOO CENTRE TI RETAINERS, ...MY QUESTION IS ....CAN I RUN THIS ECU( AS IT IS A STOCK CLASS ECU) WITH MY ET-EXTREME CHARGER?? I ASSUME AS LONG AS I USE MY HANDY DANDY LM2 FOR THE AFR READING?? ANYONE??
    As long as you monitor A/F it will be fine but I highly doubt the 48s are gonna cut it with that ecu. Your probably gonna need 60s or even 72lb injectors.

+1
    It depends what it was mapped for. He says it was a stock class ecu so maybe set or the stock 42 injectors so poss the RRFPR + 48s will get him safe. R88

+1
    I would suggest a testrun and with the lm-2 hooked up and the rrfpr you might get the proper afr.
    Riva sells a similar ecu wich runs with 50's,i wouldn'g go 60 or bigger,idling would be a problem ,i think you will get very rich at the bottom.
    In my opinion it might work,but also depends on the climat you'r in.
    Keep us posted of the results,i'm thinking of the same mod ,only with the minirude instead.
    Succes!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by richrxp View Post
    I would suggest a testrun and with the lm-2 hooked up and the rrfpr you might get the proper afr.
    Riva sells a similar ecu wich runs with 50's,i wouldn'g go 60 or bigger,idling would be a problem ,i think you will get very rich at the bottom.
    In my opinion it might work,but also depends on the climat you'r in.
    Keep us posted of the results,i'm thinking of the same mod ,only with the minirude instead.
    Succes!
    +1 on the idling I know 1 guy over herevthat has issues getting his ski started and that is running S.D Centre ecu + 60s. You could run the bigger injectors if you have the BEGi fmu aswell coz you can cut the base pressure real low and get the idle cleaned right up I will be adding an ECU this winter along with the head mods. R88

Quote Originally Posted by IM2FAST4U View Post
    where you can buy sd ECU??

+1
    I domt know if they've changed there mapping but they ussualy cliam they are mapped for 60s and I know of a few people who had to run 72 and 80 lb injectors to keep them form being really lean. Let us know how it works out.

+1
    He does 2 now 1 for the 42s and 1 for the 60s.

What you have to remember about Les Cookes stuff is that it is setup for closed course racing where the throttle is held wide open for very short amounts of time.

Running the engine lean, this makes for better accel which is all you need for CC. Having the correct AF is more important for long engine life and top end power. R88

Re: s.d. centre ecu vs stock rxpx

When I had mine done Les asked
    My mods and riding style. I think he tweaks them to what you need.

My plugs look beautiful. I'll be installing an air fuel gauge this winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: s.d. centre ecu vs stock rxpx

Seadoocentre.com

Quote Originally Posted by repsol
    where you can buy sd ECU??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information