+1

Does anyone's speedo work with FZR R&D rideplate

If you have the FZ R&D rideplate....Just wondering if your speedo works, semi accurately? With the stock rideplate, it was at least semi accurate.... bounced a little bit, but still semi accurate to some degree. With the new rideplate it seems like it has a mind of its own. Solutions?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoeller View Post
    If you have the FZ R&D rideplate....Just wondering if your speedo works, semi accurately? With the stock rideplate, it was at least semi accurate.... bounced a little bit, but still semi accurate to some degree. With the new rideplate it seems like it has a mind of its own. Solutions?
    Mine was never even semi-accurate. Everyone on the lake thinks it goes 85 mph because that's what the speedo says. I can see now why the manufacturers play games with the speedo's. My Poo SLX is within .5 MPH of GPS--so I know they CAN be accurate.

My speedo became erratic when my stock plate was modded by Jim. I believe I have read in another thread that speedo's don't work well when the plate is modified (shimmed, machined, etc...). At first I thought I had somehow installed it backward as it would go really fast from 20 to 50 and back to 20 when I took her out after installing the modded plate. I believe the pickup can only go in one way.

I have wondered if there are any gains by simply doing away with the speedo pickup and having a smooth ride plate in that area? Speedo doesn't do anything because we use GPS for speeds. Wonder when someone will make a MFD to go in place of the speedo to give digital boost, RPM's, AFR, etc...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I have wondered if there are any gains by simply doing away with the speedo pickup and having a smooth ride plate in that area? +1 Speedo doesn't do anything because we use GPS for speeds. Wonder when someone will make a MFD to go in place of the speedo to give digital boost, RPM's, AFR, etc...
    Its just too bad it doesn't work properly as it forces us to BUY MORE STUFF!
    Yeah, I use GPS for speeds, too, but I don't have it visible while I'm riding. And I don't want to spend $2200.00 or whatever it is for the SDL from Motec which, I don't even know if you can use without the M400.... either way its expensive.
    I know I can attach my GPS to the dash - But, its just more clutter.

+1
    Macc was nice enough to let me ride his boat after he beat me in Parker and the meter was more "jumpy" than mine. But the boat was kick-ass.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    Mine was never even semi-accurate.
    +1.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos Thomas View Post
    Macc was nice enough to let me ride his boat after he beat me in Parker and the meter was more "jumpy" than mine. But the boat was kick-ass.
    You lucky shit!

Thread Information