Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation Depth Finder Install RXT-Power from "MPEM????"

Okay, so I'm installing my OEM depth finder and the instructions say to tap into the harness of the MPEM to connect the purple and white wires which I assume are power-only problem is, my compartment doesn't look like the pictures. I've read on here that the MPEM is no longer; it is integrated into the ECU. My question is, where do I tap into it to power my depth finder!??!

Thanks!

+1
    Here's a link that discusses any purple wire on mpem, with pictures.
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...rple+wire+mpem

Thanks, but mine doesn't look like that. As I stated in the first post, apparently the MPEM and the ECU are now one unit. All I have on that side is a fuse block, no harnesses.

Anyone?

Wow, I can't believe no one knows the answer to this. I have the service manual and I cannot figure it out either. Doesn't show much in the way of wiring. I wonder if there are any newer instructions from SeaDoo that come with the kit than what I have. I found instructions on here that are different than the ones that came with the kit, but I am still confused because the instructions from BRP are worthless.

+1
    the "how to" thread didn't help you?? Riva installed mine,i'd check it,unfortunitly,my ski is at dealer right now....;-(

Banned User
    +1
    Here;
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...t=depth+finder

It's easy. Just read my instruction carefully, and you shouldn't have any problems. Also, remember you must have the dealer enable it with their B.U.D.S. unit after you install it.

Thumbs down

Thanks. I read that thread a few weeks ago but I couldn't find it for some reason when searching and I forgot about it.

I'm about to start banging my head against the damn wall now. I got the kit on eBay; guess I know now why it was such a bargain-it was missing the extra set of wires for the newer skis. Here's where it gets worse... I've already spliced the old set of wires into the harness of what I thought was the MPEM. Then I found out I didn't have one and the confusion began. So now the fun begins; I either figure out how to install this with the old set of wires or rip the shit out and try to get a set of the new wires somehow. I doubt I'll be able to find a set of the new wires unless I find someone parting out a ski.

This sucks...

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, your probably going to need to go to the dealer to get the correct wiring loom. And, I don't know if you can get it seperately.

Injection is nice, but I'd rather be blown!! SuperCharged/IC's Avatar
    +1
    According to the direction sheet, 278 002 197 is the part number for the wiring harness used in later (07-up) machines. I don't know what the availability is, however.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information