Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

94' SL650 project

Greetings! I'm new to the forum, looking for some help. I recently purchased a 94' SL650 that sat for 3 years and needs a good cleaning. I'm a member on PWCToday, but everyone on that site directs Polaris owners to this site, so here I am.

I've read a lot of advice about upgrading my fuel pump to a 3 output pump. I'd like to make this upgrade... where can I find one? Do any of you have one for sale?

I'd like to replace all fuel lines because the ski sat for so long. Where's the best place to order fuel lines?

The ski is completely stock, and I'd like to change that. If anyone has performance parts for this ski... pipe, K&N filters, intake grate, ride plate, etc... please PM me... I'm interested!

Thanks,
    Drew

+1
    i might have a pump for sale i have to see if i have the updated one.. cant rember i have a 94 650 that is a parts ski (motors bad) so if you need any other parts let me know i might have them

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandi2 View Post
    i might have a pump for sale i have to see if i have the updated one.. cant rember i have a 94 650 that is a parts ski (motors bad) so if you need any other parts let me know i might have them
    Thanks dude! And you're a neighbor so shipping should be cheap

I just purchased the ski on 9/29. Rode if for a few minutes to see how it was. Ran pretty rough from sitting so long... but it did run. Idles fine, just doesn't rev out like it should. Haven't checked compression yet, but I will soon. I've only had time to pull the gas tank. It had a full tank of bad gas, and some crud in the bottom. I've got that all cleaned... next step is removal of the carbs. I'd like to replace all the lines too because it's cheap enough. If I find anything major, I'll definitely keep this thread updated for assistance.

Thanks again,
    Drew

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    I'd like to replace all fuel lines because the ski sat for so long. Where's the best place to order fuel lines?
    Welcome to the Hulk!
    I like the black 1/4" GoodYear brand at AutoZone (non fuel injection). Its easy to work with, very pliable with out kinking. You'll need about 20'.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by starflight View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk!
    I like the black 1/4" GoodYear brand at AutoZone (non fuel injection). Its easy to work with, very pliable with out kinking. You'll need about 20'.
    Great advice! Thanks for the tip!

I appreciate all the friendly welcomes! I'm a member of many different forums... stunting, supermoto, quads, and now Jetski's. You've all been the nicest thus far!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk.

The best performance mod, would be buying 750 or 780 parts. This would boost you HP considerably, for relatively lowest price.

650/68HP @46MPH 750/80HP @48MPH 780/92HP @ 50-52 MPH

Or if your content with keeping it a 650, I suggest pump and hull mods first.

Long jet pump can add 1-2 MPH and better steering with no engine mods at all.

Longer ride plate will help plane faster

Different intake grate will help keep you hooked up in rougher water conditions.

A pump wedge can add a little top speed with no engine mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cvbdrew View Post
    Thanks dude! And you're a neighbor so shipping should be cheap
    yeah deff not far away at all!! and once i get my 1050 running and you get yours straightened out we should hook up and ride!! and pm me if you need anything
    you will like the 650 it does really good 360s and you can keep the speed up and not miss a beat while doing them!! mine would hit about 48 mph but it was bored over..

my advice would be to get the thing running before you get into doing mods and upgrades. you will have plenty to do to rebuild the carbs, replace lines and filters, then tune the carbs. I just went through all of that, feel free to pm me for help.

you can get the fuel pump from any number of sources, I use bikebandit.com for all the polaris OEM stuff. ebay is a great source as well.

fuel and oil lines can be had at fuellines.biz. you will want 1/4" for fuel, 1/8" for oil.

on my 650, I was getting into the $500 range for upgrades before I put the brakes on that and just bought a 2nd bigger ski instead. if you want to spend the money though you will want the extended pump, 12/17 solas swirl impeller, slx 780 extended ride plate, boyesen power reeds (or better if you can find them), and use 91-93 octane fuel. there are a lot more involved things you could do with the engine, but at that point you will be throwing ever-increasing amounts of money at an ever-decreasing amount of extra horsepower.

top speed with the wind behind your back going downhill is going to be ~47-49 with the upgrades...meh.

the 650 is a good basic ski, treat it right and it will run forever...just don't expect a ferrarri from it. for as small and as light as it is, I get tons of compliments on it...enjoy it!

edit: by the way, the big fat red link in my sig has all the info you could ever want...click and read, specifically the "Polaris Fuji (blue) engine" section.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information