Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1

Speed difference help please sho

ive got a 2008 sho with 13/23 prop. powershot (set to its standard settings that it came with as im no expert on tuning it) ive got a r&d intake grate and my pump is sealed the rest of the ski is how it came from the factory.

my pal has the same ski in standard form with only the intake grate and the 21 pitch upgrade prop from the riva site.

my question is why are both ski,s near matched on takeoff and his is ever so slightly faster top end than mine

+1
    Having the powershot is meaningless unless you've upgraded the SC wheel.

Also, have you taken out the intake ribbon? Put on power filter?

+1

yes

yes i have the ribbon and the c3 wheel all sat in the box,, to be honest im scarred of snapping the shaft when i do it so i just left it.
    so are you saying changing the prop alone has made no difference over stock??

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    yes i have the ribbon and the c3 wheel all sat in the box,, to be honest im scarred of snapping the shaft when i do it so i just left it.
    so are you saying changing the prop alone has made no difference over stock??

You change the impeller pitch to adjust for adding power. Add the C3, Intake filter kit and free flow exhaust then run again and see what happens (If he hasn't added more as well)

+1

oh

he wont add more he is fat and scarred.
    wakeboardmuppet has ordered me a torque wrench (wich reminds me i must pay him)
    i will try and get the charger wheel done when i return from work on the 20th. so i need the power filter also and the exhaust to compliment..

i know i need these mods on but i hoped the prop would make at least a shade of difference on the prop alone

+1
    With just the prop you should have lowered your rpm's which in turn lowered your boost. I'm surprised you can keep up with your friend as good as you say you are.

Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    he wont add more he is fat and scarred.
    wakeboardmuppet has ordered me a torque wrench (wich reminds me i must pay him)
    i will try and get the charger wheel done when i return from work on the 20th. so i need the power filter also and the exhaust to compliment..

i know i need these mods on but i hoped the prop would make at least a shade of difference on the prop alone
    You may need to check other posts about the torque wrench... you may need one which reads in both directions...
    I have a warren brown 'sight & sound' but it only works in a clockwise direction... I think I read that the sc wheel is left handed thread which tightens in an anti clockwise direction. Happy to be corrected.

On the exhaust... I believe there are marginal gains after the intake ribbon removal and power filter.
    I have fitted the Riva Free Flow exhaust to the FZR and it is fine over 5,000 rpm's when moving along but if you go and strike fowl weather which brings your speed down to about 20 - 30 mph or under 4500 revs then it drones and is very annoying...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
    With just the prop you should have lowered your rpm's which in turn lowered your boost. I'm surprised you can keep up with your friend as good as you say you are.
    +1

+1
    Why are you using the power shot?, i dont think you need to use it right now unless you have the ability to tune it, you might be running too rich and killing your rpm, also that prop is kinda tall for the bike without the SC wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by DP. View Post
    Why are you using the power shot?, i dont think you need to use it right now unless you have the ability to tune it, you might be running too rich and killing your rpm, also that prop is kinda tall for the bike without the SC wheel.

+1

Cart before the horse situation...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information