SC question for my winter project

I have my RXP with the mods listed in my signature block. I am wanting to upgrade my SC and was curious if I could take my stock SC, have it machined and install the 2RUDE upgrade (the one for existing RUDE chargers)? I guess mainly what I am asking if it can be done and if its cost effective? if that will cost more than just buying a 2RUDE complete and selling the stock one then I'll go that route. Thanks in advance for everyones help!

Quote Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
    I have my RXP with the mods listed in my signature block. I am wanting to upgrade my SC and was curious if I could take my stock SC, have it machined and install the 2RUDE upgrade (the one for existing RUDE chargers)? I guess mainly what I am asking if it can be done and if its cost effective? if that will cost more than just buying a 2RUDE complete and selling the stock one then I'll go that route. Thanks in advance for everyones help!
    Yes, you could. Machine the rear housing to accept a 140mm wheel. Then install 2 rude upgrade kit. But keep in mind that the complete 2rude has the 08 and up SC parts. It has a better clutch setup and is ready to install.
    If you have your housing machined, $100, add a rebuild kit, $300, and upgraded washers, $100, the 2rude upgrade $675. You are looking at $1275. If you assemble it yourself, I don't know what Jerry charges for assembly. This SC up be new and upgraded to 08 and up parts. Mainly for the better SC shaft/clutch setup.

Cheap method. Machine housing $100, new sc bearings $100, install riva washers $100 unless you already have them. $675 2rude upgrade. $975. Don't expect this clutch setup to last as long as the 08 and up setup.

Alternative By new xcharger under $600, pm me for source. Buy mini rude x charger upgrade. $698.00 $1398 this is pretty close to a 2rude. Sell X-charger front housing and wheel. Sell you old SC.

I installed the 2 rude on my machined 07 SC. New bearings and Riva washers. So for I have run 30 hrs on it. Check slip at 10 hrs and again at 20hrs haven't had to make any adjustments yet.

You will need a RRFPR, 50 lb injectors, at 15/22 impeller to run this SC. You will need to have a bung welded in your jpipe so that Air Fuel Ratio can be set but adjusting the RRFPR.

Jerry rebuilt my SC with the 08 kit recently so I already have the better shaft and washers. I guess I could still buy the McMaster Carr spring washers to reduce slip, but in the end it would still be better to get a low hour used 2RUDE, ET, or C kit sell the stock SC and not have to mess with the hassle of assembling and machining the SC. If it was going to be substantially cheaper I don't mind doing the work, but for a couple hundred dollars I'm not sure its worth the hassle....unless a 3RUDE upgrade comes out, then I think I might have to go that route. Thanks for the input

sc

Quote Originally Posted by jdbretz View Post
    Jerry rebuilt my SC with the 08 kit recently so I already have the better shaft and washers. I guess I could still buy the McCarr spring washers to reduce slip, but in the end it would still be better to get a low hour used 2RUDE, ET, or C kit sell the stock SC and not have to mess with the hassle of assembling and machining the SC. If it was going to be substantially cheaper I don't mind doing the work, but for a couple hundred dollars I'm not sure its worth the hassle....unless a 3RUDE upgrade comes out, then I think I might have to go that route. Thanks for the input
    do not buy ET not way, I think 2 or 3 rude the next .

Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    do not buy ET not way, I think 2 or 3 rude the next .
    what is the ET?

ET is made by Engine Tech. I have heard many good things about them and the new ET Extreme is supposed to be comparable to a 2RUDE however with slightly more boost. Repsol, why do you say stay away from ET chargers?

Thread Information