Thread: Sho on a budget
10-03-2009, 06:21 PM #1
Sho on a budget
Well we decided to leave the stock motor in the SHO for my daughter, So i wanted to do a few things to make it faster without speeding to much money. This is my list!
(1) put in a riva air filter kit only reason i did not make my own because i liked the way riva designed it.
(2) took out the ribbon and put in the riva sleeve
(3) installed coco's tunnel reinforcement
(4) installed a riva intake grate with shoe, And sealed the pump shoe.
(5) made a free flow with the stock hoses only needed a 4 inch piece of aluminum that i had at the shop from making my own free flow on my XXL, So the free flow cost me nothing.
(6) pitched the stock impeller and set it back.
(7) did some work on the pump and also the nozzle.
( modded the stock plate tried something different with it, I machined the bottom like i do the closed loop seadoo plate were there is one angle in front and different angle in back. And you can see how much more was cut in the center rear. One thing that i was very happy about was the ski handled awesome in the glass and the rough with no porpoise.
(9) took the foam out under the side panels so it can breath better.
Now the good part did not spend a lot off money on it at all, Went out today the temp. 87 degrees the hole shot is perfect with 0 cavitation handles is awesome and was running 72.3 mph. at 7680 rpm's on my tiny tach. I forgot to mention the ski only has 9 hours on it once it breaks in the speed should also go higher.
10-03-2009, 06:24 PM #2
10-03-2009, 06:28 PM #3
Great numbers Jim. Looks like quality work as expected from you though.
10-03-2009, 06:37 PM #4
Jim, do you prefer the modded stock plate to a modded R&D plate?
10-03-2009, 06:44 PM #5
10-03-2009, 06:48 PM #6
10-03-2009, 06:58 PM #7
10-03-2009, 07:30 PM #8
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Southern Florida
O lord...I have to go to Tampa again.
Jim...let me know if you want to use my R & D plate and I will ship it to you.
Perhaps you can put your finishing touches on my modded stocker that you originally did for me. That plate looks sweet.
10-03-2009, 08:10 PM #9
72 on a almost stock ski is great, nice work Jim. Ron
10-03-2009, 08:10 PM #10
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)
By sho me the money in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 11-19-2007, 07:41 PM
By sbarnette in forum Yamaha Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-13-2007, 12:22 PM
By TorquePhoto in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 34Last Post: 06-01-2007, 10:23 AM
By Water4fire in forum Sea Doo Open DiscussionReplies: 1Last Post: 09-16-2005, 06:44 PM
By kenshin89 in forum 4-Tec PerformanceReplies: 13Last Post: 05-25-2005, 07:08 PM