+1

pisser questions

I want to understand the concept behind this. once I thought I understood, I became confused again so its asks the experts time, greenhulk.net why do ppl do it? what is it for? what does it do? plus's and minus's? at what point and time do you decide to do it? difference between 1 and 2 and I guess even 3?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Visual effect, ie Yamaha gay spray, or it lets you know that your water is circulating. Not much else.

+1
    Do you mean the pisser of the aftermarket bilgepump if installed?

If you don't have a pisser,you won't know you'r sinking.

Not sure if that's what your meant,the Yammi viseblity spout is as ugly as hell,so why want one on a Seadoo,that's the other option.

+1
    lol see that's what I've been thinking. just got done bashing it then figured maybe its useful on a real ski ie. seadoo and in all honesty I found out the hard way, these things don't sink. high temp alarm will go off before to much water is inside hull anyway. again, learned the hard way.

+1

Pisser

Quote Originally Posted by mbaseball3 View Post
    I want to understand the concept behind this. once I thought I understood, I became confused again so its asks the experts time, greenhulk.net why do ppl do it? what is it for? what does it do? plus's and minus's? at what point and time do you decide to do it? difference between 1 and 2 and I guess even 3?
    Daniel, I think every one is confused about the pissers your talking about. Do you mean the "bailers"? They suck out the water in the bottom of the hull and piss it out the two holes on the top of the pump. It simply creates a low pressure area and the water in the hull is at a higher pressure and it seeks the lower pressure. A poor man's bilge pump from Seadoo. ONLY works while the ski is operating!

Others also refer to the water vent on an external intercooler as a pisser. This one simply allows air to purge out of the I/C and completely fill up with water, obviously making it more efficient.

So, what kind of pisser are we talking about stand up or sit down?????????????????

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Daniel, I think every one is confused about the pissers your talking about. Do you mean the "bailers"? They suck out the water in the bottom of the hull and piss it out the two holes on the top of the pump. It simply creates a low pressure area and the water in the hull is at a higher pressure and it seeks the lower pressure. A poor man's bilge pump from Seadoo. ONLY works while the ski is operating!

Others also refer to the water vent on an external intercooler as a pisser. This one simply allows air to purge out of the I/C and completely fill up with water, obviously making it more efficient.

So, what kind of pisser are we talking about stand up or sit down?????????????????
    the pisser pisser! I understand the bailer system. I understood it before but even more so after I actually looked at it harder when I had the pump off again due to missing washers in engine but im learning and I was inquisitive on the 'visual' pisser you see doo guys spraying out. and we won't talk bout the yamaha one. I dunno how they sleep at night knowing their ski sprays its load when they turn it on. guess its a gay thing.

+1
    OH!!! but im thinking I read somewhere here about one reason to have it. in referring to the water that is injected into the end of say the rear exhaust, is it true that if you remove that hose and plug the hole that your exhaust note will change? obviously then you'd just add a pisser to dump that water somewhere. that part of the water injection is part of the sound suppression system correct?

+1
    OH!!! but im thinking I read somewhere here about one reason to have it. in referring to the water that is injected into the end of say the rear exhaust, is it true that if you remove that hose and plug the hole that your exhaust note will change? obviously then you'd just add a pisser to dump that water somewhere. that part of the water injection is part of the sound suppression system correct?
    I dont think you are going to change the exhaust note that much. Maybe some but with my experience is very little.
    What has come up in question, is when we just cap the pisser, do change performance by putting more water in the water box, and or do we slow down the water flow any going thru ic via exhaust mani.
    I chose to not just cap off my water, and I dump it up front right below the rub rail.
    Like others stated, visual check that water is flowing thru ic - exhaust mani - to water box and I am not disrupting any water flow.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3089.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	1,023.2 KB 
ID:	153455  

+1
    Yes, that is the purpose of the water dumping right before exit if you runnng stock outlet or riva thru hull pipe.
    If you go with different exhaust, such as GH, TDR, riva, or some custom setup like headers that pisser is eliminated.

Thread Information