Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you reccomend????

I need some suggestions from the pros... I have the riva rpm kit on my 08 fxho minus the free flow exhaust, i was wonder which is better, purchasing the free flow exhaust from riva of taking to my local muffler shop and have them bend me a pipe to the angle. As well what would be the difference betwenn them too? Anything performance wise or anything sound wise???
    Thks

I didn't want to put on a SHO, so im just a HO! ghostrider757's Avatar
    I'd go with Rivas for a cleaner look.....and its plastic as opposed to aluminum one that your shop would make you which would not dissipate heat as fast. However, on a budget, I'd look at Jims thread. He made one using the stock rubber piping. Not too shabby considering.

+1
    Jims got a SHO doesnt he?

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
    Jims got a SHO doesnt he?
    Yes. My 09 HO uses the Riva FF exhaust from the 08 HO (same part number) which is a completely different engine. Being the 09 HO and SHO have the same engine....I would think it would be the same as well. If anything, with all the crap piping yamaha put in for sound supression, its just a matter of a simple cut and splice. But again, that's just the almost free route with same end result if you arent concerned with aesthetics.

+1
    FX-HO 09 part #RY16040 $190 is the same as SHO/FZ
    other years FX-HO part#RY1625 $110

He was looking at buying my FZR FF and it wont fit his 08. At least from Riva's site it dont look like it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee View Post
    FX-HO 09 part #RY16040 $190 is the same as SHO/FZ
    other years FX-HO part#RY1625 $110

He was looking at buying my FZR FF and it wont fit his 08. At least from Riva's site it dont look like it will.
    Interesting....wonder whats different.

+1
    My guess is they changed the water box and made them all the same after 08 to reduce parts #'s and cost. Cant say for sure since I have not seen the less expensive one.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider757 View Post
    What do you mean by litlle gay spray???? Im trying to get my fxho as fast as i can go but without shaving any heads just adding bultons and such.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider757 View Post
    and what do you mean by tow tap???.... im reading all of this on your signature under every post that you reply to

Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    What do you mean by litlle gay spray???? Im trying to get my fxho as fast as i can go but without shaving any heads just adding bultons and such.
    Im with ya bud, thats why I created my own cold air intake....much better throttle responce and more RPM's, so much that I now need a new impellor to bring the RPMs down to stay off the rev limiter....About to do some mods myself. The gay spray...lol is the "safety feature" that yamahas have where it shoots up a stream of water looking like a rooster tail. I put in a valve to turn it on or off. When towing tubes or wakeboarding, its annoying as hell as the person behind you gets soaked. It does not provide any performance gains....just keeps my buddies riding behind me dry. If I was to take it to the ocean, I would turn the valve on so I am more visable over the waves.

Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    and what do you mean by tow tap???.... im reading all of this on your signature under every post that you reply to
    The Toe tap is the same kind of valve I used to turn on/off the gay spray....reason for this is if you ever get stuck on the water and need your ski towed, you cannot have it towes faster than 5mph otherwise the water would force its way into your engine and hydro lock or cause serious damage that if left alone for a day or 2 would rust out your internals, mix with your oil and prevent the ski from possibly ever starting again. By placing a valve in the inlet, it prevents the water from reaching the engine and you can be towed at whatever safe speed the craft can maintain. This is also not a performance mod but more of a "just in case" mod. Takes all of 20 minutes and $20....same as the gay spray switch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information