+1

Drop Nozzle vs. Trim Tabs

Which is better in terms of dropping the nose in the turns? And please explain your reason or experience with either. Thanks.

+1
    Depends on the ski, the RXP doesnt like trim tabs on the outside portion of the transom, the RXP's work well with nozzle trim.

I guess your talkin FZR? if you want the nose to drop put a mechanical trim tab at the end of your rideplate, it needs to be strong to hold up.

I saw a guy with a FZR with mechanical trim tabs, 1 on each side of the transom, dont know how they worked. I had a pic somewhere, Ill try to find it.
    The FZR is a big hull so keep mind you will need a good sized set to work properly and that comes also with a huge speed scrub loss. I built a mechanical trim tab system for my RXP, handled great, scrubbed 5mph off the ski.

+1
    I am thinking/leaning along the Trim Tab route. I am not too concern with the speed loss, being that if I cannot turn the boat properly, I am going to get up taking the corner wide or having my nose up too high in the corner and then the FZR will want to jump the first wake it sees out of the corner. Also the FZR is able to race very high speeds very fast, so some sort of "breaking system" going into a corner is not a bad thing.

I just need to get the boat settled/planted in the close course chop. I had a race yesterday here in Northern California with 30 MPH winds and big runabouts on the track...it really exposed the FZR.

So with the proper sponsons, grate, plate and potentially a Trim Tab system...that may be what I need to finish off my handling.

+1
    shoulda be at lake elsinore last month. guys from puerto rico were running an fzr better that any video of one I've seen. no trim tabs though. was plowing through the chop and cutting corners good. all I saw different from the rest of the field was working the crap out of the steering.

Thread Information