07 250X: Cooling Issue

I put the 250 on the hose today to run it for a bit. After a minute or so, I noticed no water flowing out the pisser or the pump. I shut everthing down and went to check the hose at the flush fitting. The hose was turned off but there was still pressure at the flush fitting, squirting everywhere as I loosened the hose.

Now the last time I went riding we took a run thru the Havasu channel and I picked up some tall grass. I noticed the pisser wasn't flowing normal, so I shut down and checked the grate. Tons of grass stuck in it. Pulled it all out and everything seemed normal, finished out the day riding, no issues.

Today is the first time since then that I've fired it up. The fact that the hose can hold pressure at the flush fitting tells me its completely blocked somewhere.

Any recommendations on the best place to start pulling things apart? Is there a location that is most likely to clog?

Thanks for any tips/suggestions

Silence! I Keel You! earthshaker's Avatar
    +1
    As i recall, the pisser is hooked up to the exhaust manifold by a 1/4 od rubber hose. Check to see if it is still hooked up and for flow. Someone please confirm the location of the hose so i'm not steering incorrectly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by earthshaker View Post
    As i recall, the pisser is hooked up to the exhaust manifold by a 1/4 od rubber hose. Check to see if it is still hooked up and for flow. Someone please confirm the location of the hose so i'm not steering incorrectly.
    you are correct its on the manifold. but if you have no water entering the flush fitting you are most definatly blocked in a cooling passage. start pulling hoses and clearing them with water or air good luck not a quick job i'm affraid. try a reverse flush from the intercooler outlet also.

Thread Information