Desperado's MSX 150 ECU upgrade...a must have!

Pleased (no...VERY pleased) to report that the ECU upgrade that Desperado sent to me, was a new 'spark of life' to my MSX 150!

My steady rpm's have gone from 7450, to 7700. The hole shot is awesome...and will even be better as soon as the ETB learns that it isn't limited up to the hard rev 7800 limit (Desperado tells you that it will take around 3 hours of riding, for the ETB to reach it's full potential). The engine is running as smooth as a German piece of machinery can run...and that is as good as it gets.

I will post any speed improvements as soon as I get some decent riding conditions, and the ETB is ready....

If you have a 110 or 150...do this upgrade. You will be thrilled!

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Sweet to hear....

+1
    So what you are saying is I need to pull my finger out and swap my Deperado warp speed ECU over

Summer is on its way

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    So what you are saying is I need to pull my finger out and swap my Deperado warp speed ECU over

Summer is on its way
    More like I need to remove the finger...do you still want the sensor, John?

I won't bore you with what has been messin' with my life, just let me know!

As for the ECU...I nylon tie wrapped Desperado's on top of my OEM, and swapped the wiring. Did this just in case I wasn't pleased with the results.

Now I have decided to leave them piggy backed...just in case I need a backup, while 3 miles past sight of land!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky_Road View Post
    More like I need to remove the finger...do you still want the sensor, John?

I won't bore you with what has been messin' with my life, just let me know!

As for the ECU...I nylon tie wrapped Desperado's on top of my OEM, and swapped the wiring. Did this just in case I wasn't pleased with the results.

Now I have decided to leave them piggy backed...just in case I need a backup, while 3 miles past sight of land!
    Thanks for the good words John.

Just make sure you use premium gas at all times and have fun. The ECU will get you even more power if you change the plugs for colder NGK BKR9EIX and if you change the thermostat for a 160F degrees instead of the oem 180F degrees (your engine will thank you for that and will reward you with extended lifespan.). The 180F thermostat is good for emissions but bad for performance.

As for the idea of putting the 2 ECU one on top of ther other.... great idea, I did it myself. However, you need to make sure you put some foam behind the original ECU and the hull to dampen vibration. The additional weight of the second ECU is too much for the rubber vibration isolators and you risk ruining your 2nd ECU from excessive vibration..... how do I know.... I have ruined an ECU by not ensuring proper support for the additional weight. Once properly supported, all will be fine and you will enjoy the convenience of having 2 ECU's should you be forced to run on low octane fuel. Going from one ECU to the other is a 1 minute procedure.....

Cheers!

+1
    Rocky, yes I would still like to grab the sensor of you, let me know the total and I will paypal -the ossie dollar is going great at the moment

Desperado, can I grab this thermostat from a car parts outlet? Since I have mine slightly disassembled at the moment I could change it out in preperation.
    Does the cooler running increase the gas in oil or does it still get over the critical temp at 160F

Cheers

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    Rocky, yes I would still like to grab the sensor of you, let me know the total and I will paypal -the ossie dollar is going great at the moment

Desperado, can I grab this thermostat from a car parts outlet? Since I have mine slightly disassembled at the moment I could change it out in preperation.
    Does the cooler running increase the gas in oil or does it still get over the critical temp at 160F

Cheers
    John.... you can get a 160F equivalent from a car parts outlet. I know that Carquest in North America stocks the 180F thermostat under PN# 31978.... but I don't know what the PN# is for the 160F degrees. It is a standard size thermostat used in various automotive applications. Just make sure you reinstall with the bleed hole in the upper position when putting back together. No issue with gas in oil, even more so with the upgraded ECU calibration I sent you.

Thread Information