+1

Custom OPAS Blockoffs

Wondering. Im a expert body tech and one of the mods im going to do on my RXP this winter is paint it. It would be minor work to glass in the corners of the hull where the opas is and the linkage holes in the tunnel. Is there a drawback of having the opas off? Also-does the hull handle best with the corners of the hull that had the opas moulded in -you know so it would be complete-like it never had the corners cut out for the opas. Thanks

+1
    or go with a set of these when they come out. then that way you could go back to stock if you ever wanted to.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=90468

+1
    Thats the thread that gave me the idea to mold them in. I figure as easy as it would be for me to do-and it would look clean and not have any edges to catch water(might not make a bit of difference). I just wondering what drawbacks you have with the opas removed, besides the idea of the help turning. I was thinking of removing the opas and putting on a pump or steering nozzle extension???? My main objective is holeshot. Grudge drag races. I would want my ski to perform best from 0 to 75- not as interested in overall top speed #s as much as the acceleration

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by porschemaniac View Post
    Wondering. Im a expert body tech and one of the mods im going to do on my RXP this winter is paint it. It would be minor work to glass in the corners of the hull where the opas is and the linkage holes in the tunnel. Is there a drawback of having the opas off? Also-does the hull handle best with the corners of the hull that had the opas moulded in -you know so it would be complete-like it never had the corners cut out for the opas. Thanks
    well the new doos aren't coming out with opas anymore and the area of the hull where opas is now is now filled in. as sporterme said you can either wait for ones to come out or go custom. I say go custom. nothing like the the feeling of satisfaction seeing your work in place on your ski. especially if it works

+1
    IMO, there is zero drawback to glassing it in 100%. I have the REs and it completely eliminated the porpoising over 75 mph ... My opinion, absolutely fill in the openings fully, it settles the ski down and no speed loss. Possibly step them just a little ... don't want to add any drag.

+1
    That sounds like a good idea-to step them-wonder why they dont make the block offs with a step in them

Thread Information