Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    If i knew,...I wouldn't ask sea-one's Avatar
    +1

What the hell with my RXP?

Hello all.... i have been reading and learning alot of info here on GH.Its amazing what you guys know about these ski's,any one of them.I have been riding since 1996 and my first ski was that bright yellow haulin butt XP 800. I've been tweekin them ever since,no real big mods just let'um breath and keep them reliable..anyway this is my firt post so here goes......
    I have a 04 RXP w/81 hrs and simple mods-3 inch intake,free flow pipe, filled ride plate holes,riva washers.i am a maintance perfectionist as this is my profession in highrise buildings here in Dallas.Went riding saturday with cool air and cool water and ripple waters and was running wot like i would any other ski i've ever owned for a mile,mile and a half and man she was running strong all day till then and it slowed pretty quick and i eased off the throttle and it stopped before i knew it.Tried to start and clicked like it was locked up? had my phone called wife at the lakehouse,she ran over to me(5miles) and towed me back.on the way back i tried to start it...click-click and fired and i shut it off! got it on the trailer and it tries to start by clicking and finally it slowly started to spin.Pulled SC and it spins,took valve cover off and the timing chain is intacted,spark plugs out and it has compression but i need to get the right size adapter for the tester, it acts like it siezed up,oil is up to par and in great condition.can anyone give me any direction on what to do next?
    Thank you for any help
    Mike in Dallas

+1
    thanks for moving it to the correct forum location.still learning

Banned User
    +1
    Check your pump, maybe something got stuck in there and wedge itself...

+1
    Check the charger to see if it locked up. Pull plugs and see if any are bent or smashed on the ends

+1
    Might be a dropped valve, pull the rocker arm shaft and see if a valve pops up.

+1
    Took it to my friend who works at a seadoo stealership(18yrs),did all that and some and told me to start crying and pull the motor . i just did and sucked out the oil and looked at the filter and the housing for it and it has aluminum al in it. I'll start to pull it apart..
    Everytime i/we ride the P's something takes a dump,evertime....im losing my confidence in these as these are the future of watercraft.

thanks,let me know if you want me to keep you posted..

2 '04 rxp's yellow/green

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post
    Took it to my friend who works at a seadoo stealership(18yrs),did all that and some and told me to start crying and pull the motor . i just did and sucked out the oil and looked at the filter and the housing for it and it has aluminum al in it. I'll start to pull it apart..
    Everytime i/we ride the P's something takes a dump,evertime....im losing my confidence in these as these are the future of watercraft.

thanks,let me know if you want me to keep you posted..

2 '04 rxp's yellow/green
    Sorry to hear that!!

Did you get any code when the ski shut off on water or when you tried to start it?

So your sc is ok, i was not sure what you meant by it spins? In the ski or out?

First check the sc to see if its all there???
    Pics of oil filter and sc will help.
    If it locked up you need to eliminate any junk in the chain. Might be internal but usually will throw a code.
    Keep us posted.

+1
    Ok here's the report....it looks like the "oiler" spout fell out,broke off or something on #1.tons of debris in the strainer screen and the bottom of the piston on one side of the wrist pin half is gone!. the cases have crack too in the cases where the connecting rod bearing melted and slapped it at 8k an few times,but man it was haulin some tail at the time.So just going to fix it.I have a connection with a community college with an instructor is a magic man with an aluminum welder,its really amazing work.I'll get those fixed,mic the cylinders ,crank and so on .Attachment 153715

Attachment 153716

Attachment 153717

Attachment 153718

Attachment 153719

i just looked at these pictures and realized MY CAMARA SUCKS!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sea-one View Post

i just looked at these pictures and realized MY CAMARA SUCKS!
    If yer camera has the option, Enable your MACRO and it'll provide aweomse detail to your closeup shots. Most cameras, even the cheap ones have it.

I pew pew lazors
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest.runner View Post
    If yer camera has the option, Enable your MACRO and it'll provide aweomse detail to your closeup shots. Most cameras, even the cheap ones have it.
    Optical zoom > digital zoom by a large margin when you're trying to get detailed close ups.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information