Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1

Parents & Elders -> How Wise are they?

Of course I respect my elders and try to respect mom and dad best I can... but sometimes u lose patience. I get to watch how my parents just lose patience with their own 93 year old parents... They come home, vent and criticize their own parents and tell us if we ever get like that, put them out of their misery... WELL THEY ARE LIKE THAT!!

GOD... some people get old and still stay young at heart, aren't afraid of getting hurt and spending money and living life.... ok so they get old, become frail, a little more hesitant to unleash and ave fun... but why does it seem they older they come the less wise and the more common sense they LOSE!...

everything is a project, everything is made out to be more complicated than it is, everything is getting pre-planned and throughly structured... then i get asked questions and my response is I DON"T KNOW, WHO CARES, I"LL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I GET THERE....

gotta love em anyway i suppose.... back to doing some things outside with pops and his idiotic ways.... (like he's currently pumping 35,000 gallons of our inground pool into all the landscaping around the property bc the bushes and beds are so dry from lack of rain) .... um dad, that water is chlorinated... ah it's not that chlorinated he tells me, it wont hurt anything... ur right it probably wont hurt anything getting splashed here and there, but saturating 35,000 gallons around the property can't be good

i was in the middle of working on one of the motors in the garage, but him hovering over my back asking stupid questions and pointing out BLATANTLY obvious things... like he's asking about the driveshaft circlip and it's whereabouts... i'm like dad holy ****, the engine is on the floor in the garage and ur asking me about a driveshaft right now? ... and then he says this thermostat looks different than mine... yea it is, it's aftermarket... well how do you know? dad, look at it, it's not OEM... well how many degrees is it? 158... well how do you know ... then he says "oh **** what happen here?" ... i'm thinking great, wtf happened... and he points out that the bracket on the motor to hoist it out is a little bent...that's it, that's what u got all excited about dad, it's fine leave it .... ya know what dad, lets go back to watering the property with chlorine rather than sitting in this hot garage....
    Last edited by Shibby1485; 08-21-2006 at 05:31 PM.

+1
    good vent....now multiply that by 10 and you have my pops... That is why I left home when I was 15..

**** ... You will miss em when their gone.. no kidding .. my gramps has been gone over 20 years now and not a day goes by that i dont use what he taught me to be...yes, sometimes drilled into my head when not wanting it, but none-the-less usefull now...
    It would seem kind of dumb to have that water and not try to use it.. plants are dying from no water anyways.. pretty smart idea...
    Yes, it can be a "I will have to bang my finger with a hammer" to try to keep quiet sometimes.. but think of what you learned from that 'old man'... my 2 cents... not a rag on you... just observation's from a old school learned' idiot

+1
    Shibowitz,

It sounds like your a little tense. Years of owning Doos I know what this time of year is like.

A tip from your elder. PUT DOWN THE WRENCH and go ride. Winter will be here shortly. (I just winterized the '96 to focus on only three)

Good Luck,
    Erin

-ps dad is right. The chlorine will disipate as soon as the sun hits it. If he used the hose it too would be chlorinated.

+1
    be thankful you still have your parents

+1

Thumbs up

shibby,,,wanna do something really cool? Sprinkle some of the chlorine powder all around in the gardens and hose it in. This way you will be right and him wrong. You can say,,,"See, I told you so!". That gets `em everytime. You can tell him what you did in about 20 years.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS
    shibby,,,wanna do something really cool? Sprinkle some of the chlorine powder all around in the gardens and hose it in. This way you will be right and him wrong. You can say,,,"See, I told you so!". That gets `em everytime. You can tell him what you did in about 20 years.
    lol...that's be funny... but he wouldn't be around in 20 years if i did that. he'd be in a casket from a heart attack if his beloved trees and flowers and shrubs and custom landscaping all died

+1
    Ok,,,just a few flakes here and there. Just to change the tint.

+1
    I know your venting, and rightfully so, but 1 day, you are going to look back and miss those days that he drove you crazy. Both my parents died before I was 21 and I would put up with constant insanity just to have them back for 1 day. You need to thank God they are still around. You're making priceless memories. Treasure them.

+1

Thumbs up

Sprinkle the dust.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information