Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Gotta read this ad please!!!!

Got a guy posting this XPL in my area, please read! tell me this isn't BS! feel free to flag or reply to him, he refuses to reply to me. and flags my post asking him for more proof or info on this ski.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/1380030927.html XPL pushing 245hp using R&D parts EVERYWHERE. will do 86-90mph!

same guy again.
    http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/1404202422.html stating ski will do 90 plus some!

here is the info from the two ads he has posted, not sure how long they will be listed for.

1999 SEADOO XP LTD 951 ALL UP GRADES - $4000 (VABEACH)
    Date: 2009-10-03, 9:25AM EDT
    Reply to:
    [email protected]
    I AM SELLING MY FAVORITE TOY I PUT A NEW ENGINE IN LAST WEEK WITH BIGGER PISTIONS AND A UP GRADED HEAD.THE SKI HAS ALL D&D PROPS INNER AND OUTTER.THIS SKI IS VERY FAST WILL HIT TOP SPEEDS OF 90 PLUS SOME.WE ALSO UP GRADED THE CARBS..IT HAS CUSTOM PAINT DONE ON THE TOP OF THE SKI AND CUSTOM SEAT COVER.I AM ASKING FOR 4000 THE NEW MOTOR HAS ONLY 8 HOURS ON IT.WILL SEND PICS ON REQUEST.

1999 SEADOO XP LTD NEW MOTOR AND PAINT - $4200 (VABEACH)

Date: 2009-09-17, 11:24PM EDT
    Reply to:
    [email protected]
    I HAVE A 1999 SEADOO XP LTD WITH A FRESH NEW MOTOR ONLY 6 HRS ON IT IN FRESH WATER(LAKE GASTON).I HAD THE TOP CUSTOM PAINTED AND A BRAND NEW SEAT WITH A BLACK CUSTOM COVER.THIS SKI IS VERY FAST.FASTER THAN THE NEW RXP BY FAR...THIS SKI IS PUSHING ABOUT 245 HORSEPOWER.IT HAS R&D EVERYTHING .NEVER RACED ALWAYS CLEANED AND LUBED.THE ONLY THING I HAVENT DONE IS REPLACE THE FRONT BUMPER(23 DOLLARS).THIS SKI HAS BEEN ON SEVERAL WEB SITE AND TV SHOWS.CAN GET OVER 8 FEET IN THE AIR ON A WAKE.TOP SPEED IS UN-KNOW WE THINK SOME WHERE AROUND 86-90 MPH.THIS IS THE SICKEST SKI I HAVE EVER BOUGHT.I WANT A NEW TOY NOW SO THIS ONE HAS TO GO.......
    I WILL NOT SHIP OR TAKE A CHECK.....CASH ONLY
    DO NOT WASTE MY TIME AND NO LOW BALLERS WILL NOT TAKE LESS THAN 4000 FOR IT.MOTOR ALONE WAS 3000 THAN ABOUT 3000 IN UP GRADES
    GET MY POINT

+1
    Bull... Have him send pics, then post them up here, also ask him to cite which shows and mags this ski was featured in??

Also, tell him if he can make it go 80, then you will pay 4k cash for it, but if he can't, you will pay $1500

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by dsolie View Post
    Also, tell him if he can make it go 80, then you will pay 4k cash for it, but if he can't, you will pay $1500
    Ha ha!

+1
    It could go 90 if you kicked it out the back of a C-130 at 10,000 feet.

I am still trying to figure out why his add for a '99 XPL has a picture of an '02 GTX on it. In fact, I am pretty sure that is the cover pic off a Clymer manual.

The guy is a tard. The best bet is to tell him you want to buy it and when you go meet him kick him the balls.

+1
    This is the email I sent him

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/boa/14...404202422.html

Wow, that is some fast boat. I have a 99 XPL with a jet engine off a Tomohawk cruise missle in it and it only goes 78mph. It sounds wicked though.

Do you have anymore pics of that boat. I am interested and would like to see some more of the hull and the HIN and stuff like that. Oh, and the engine too, unless you think it might give away some secrets, hehe.

Anyway, thanks man, I hope I hear from you soon. I am in NC and could come up anytime.

Thanks

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    This is the response I got...

No its the stock motor case just upgraded the carbs and the pistons and crank and board out at 7 .and the only thing I haven't done was the jet cone but internal the motor is all done up the ski has been on wavejunkies.com also boating mag the only thing is that I broke the front bumper and don't have time in my life to fix it with being busy with work and all.

+1
    He wrote me back. I asked him what web sites. I will not drag this out too much so he will be getting the "You are a MORON message soon."

He must not have read what I wrote, or he is stupid enough to believe the jet engine in an XPL BS.

I can send pic and yah its fast as shit it has been on several web sites and I use to race it before the new engine.I had a cop friend come with me one day and he marked it at 92 on flat water .ill try to take better pics
    Sent by BlackBerry, available from NTELOS Wireless

This is what i sent him...

Very interested. Need some details on what mods you have done. If you can show me this ski doing 80mph on GPS or radar I will give you 4k cash on the spot.I only live 3 hours away. I will come get it asap.

he responded...

Well for 4000 I'm not wasting anyones time I have a cop friend the clocked it at 92 on lake gaston it has bigger pistons and board "10" over with seaman carbs with d d intake and grate and props and crank shaft.bone stock it does 78 miles and hour the only thing it needs is a front bumper to be complete

then I sent:
    Just curious why you posted a pic of a GTX on the ad?
    So your mods include...

"Bigger" pistons
    Seaman carbs
    PROPS - How many does it have??
    D&D intake - Is this an air intake ???
    D&D grate as well? Meaning your intake grate?
    And a crankshaft...

Just want to make sure...

Thanks

His response...

Gtx I sold this morning and yes to all ur questions it have one prop its a d d

I love messing with these morons...

+1
    The next installment:

Oh man that is great. I used to talk to Derm on seadoo.net. If you do not mind I will ask him about the boat, since I know him-ish, or at least know about him and that he knows his stuff.

I noticed a pic of an '02GTX in the add. Is that available too. That picture sure looks familiar, but maybe I am imagining things.

That speed is certainly amazing. Before we put the turbine in my boat it would only go like 63 or so with the original engine. It is incredible to get that kind of speed out of one. I was really disapointed in that GE turbine. We thought it would go at least 85 but we can not seem to get enough fuel to it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information