Question Air/Fuel Ratio Guage

GreenHulk Buds,

We are getting ready to install the autometer air/fuel ratio guage on my buddies SHO because we are trying to get it tuned correctly therefore, in order to connect the guage where do i connect the wire for the guage that normally goes connected to the O2 sensors? please advise thanks...

FYI,

I will be posting pics as I get them installed on the Ski i came up with this great idea & we will be installing them on the engine compartment for now...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiboy29 View Post
    GreenHulk Buds,

We are getting ready to install the autometer air/fuel ratio guage on my buddies SHO because we are trying to get it tuned correctly therefore, in order to connect the guage where do i connect the wire for the guage that normally goes connected to the O2 sensors? please advise thanks...

FYI,

I will be posting pics as I get them installed on the Ski i came up with this great idea & we will be installing them on the engine compartment for now...
    It still goes to the O2 sensor. If you don't have one you need to install one in the exhaust. There is already a hole for one, you just need the adaptor from the Greenhulk store. I've seen others say to go with the RIVA one.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1095

Don't forget to use the cupon code: greenhulk

hitman,

do you have one on your ski??? we really need it to get the ski tune'd cuz my buddy got a fuel pressure reg. and the powershot on it and havent got it to ride good yet.... so hopefully that would help us... on the otherhand, does anyone down here in the miami area know how-to tune the SKI or maybe some pointers to get the ski to run without bogging or starving for fuel?

instead of buying that RIVA adapter can't i just use a brass bushing from the hardware store??? thanks in advance

+1
    hitman,

do you have one on your ski??? we really need it to get the ski tune'd cuz my buddy got a fuel pressure reg. and the powershot on it and havent got it to ride good yet.... so hopefully that would help us... on the otherhand, does anyone down here in the miami area know how-to tune the SKI or maybe some pointers to get the ski to run without bogging or starving for fuel?
    I do not but will be adding that among many other things here over the winter. If you are not running an aftermarket ECU I would strongly recommend you REMOVE the fuel pressure regulator. The stock ECU cannot compensate for the varying fuel pressure. The stock fuel pump supplies a constant ~50psi to the rail and the ECU is tuned for it. If you change it, you're throwing off all the stock fuel tables.

Another reason to remove it is if you're just running a Powershot, you absolutely do not need the fuel pressure regulator. It's completely unnecessary.

So, take off the regulator, and I would still pursue your current notion to get a wideband on the ski. It will help you dial in/adjust your powershot to get the most out of your ski.

Does all this make sense?

+1
    instead of buying that RIVA adapter can't i just use a brass bushing from the hardware store??? thanks in advance
    You could try to find somehting that will fit at a hardware store, but I doubt you'll be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    I do not but will be adding that among many other things here over the winter. If you are not running an aftermarket ECU I would strongly recommend you REMOVE the fuel pressure regulator. The stock ECU cannot compensate for the varying fuel pressure. The stock fuel pump supplies a constant ~50psi to the rail and the ECU is tuned for it. If you change it, you're throwing off all the stock fuel tables.

Another reason to remove it is if you're just running a Powershot, you absolutely do not need the fuel pressure regulator. It's completely unnecessary.

So, take off the regulator, and I would still pursue your current notion to get a wideband on the ski. It will help you dial in/adjust your powershot to get the most out of your ski.

Does all this make sense?

ya i understand.... but instead of taking it off why dont i regulate it back to 50 psi since its already installed and we are goin to continue the mods on the ski??? would this work?

+1
    ya i understand.... but instead of taking it off why dont i regulate it back to 50 psi since its already installed and we are goin to continue the mods on the ski??? would this work?
    Yes. That should be ok, as long as you aren't using the rising rate functionality, but still completely unnecessary. If you don't plan on going with an aftermarket ECU you could sell the fuel pressure regulator and put the money back in your pocket.

Even with it set to 50 psi I would still verify AFR through the rpm range.

P.S. To anyone else reading this... if I'm wrong on anything I've told this guy please correct me.

Thread Information