Thread: Code 45

Code 45

I did a search and can't find the answer. Is it possible for a bad wastegate solenoid to set this code even though I am using a manual boost controller? The reason I swapped to a manual boost controller in the first place was because I thought my w/g solenoid was bad (wouldn't make boost). The ski will run fine at 15 psi. When I turn it above that it will run ok as long as I don't hold it there too long. If I stay into it long enough it will set this code. Is it possible my Macboost module is bad?

AWA MEMBER
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by HighPSI View Post
    I did a search and can't find the answer. Is it possible for a bad wastegate solenoid to set this code even though I am using a manual boost controller? The reason I swapped to a manual boost controller in the first place was because I thought my w/g solenoid was bad (wouldn't make boost). The ski will run fine at 15 psi. When I turn it above that it will run ok as long as I don't hold it there too long. If I stay into it long enough it will set this code. Is it possible my Macboost module is bad?

Its a overboost contition! without a ecu like I have a a few others.....you can't just keep raising the boost the ecu will stop you..........Maybe I can race your ski you claim 70 or close I'd like to see it, cause thats what I run is 70 with a ecu and 18 lb of boost

I was under the impression the Macboost module "tricked" the ecu into allowing you to run more boost. So the only way around this is with an aftermarket ecu? I have already spoken to Mac about purchasing one. Looks like I need to quit procrastinating.

Sure, I'll race you. Are you local? I ride the St Johns most Sunday's. I haven't hit 70 yet, but getting close.

Thread Information