Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Aggressive Look!!!!!!

Hey guys, I want to remove the stock stickers that my ski came with to give it a more of a aggressive look but dont know how. Should i just pull them off then give the ski a good wash or should I use some type of goo gone?
    Thanks

+1
    I use a hair dryer. Don't need any more heat than the glue needs to let go.

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    I use a hair dryer. Don't need any more heat than the glue needs to let go.
    but what did you do? just apply heat to the stickers and started pealing away? and did it leave any residue behing like glue or something?

I just pulled mine off no hair dryer....only sticker that wont come off is that stupid California sticker...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fxho View Post
    but what did you do? just apply heat to the stickers and started pealing away? and did it leave any residue behing like glue or something?
    That's exactly what I do. You can play with the amount of heat. If there is any glue that sticks to the body, you can use some goo gone or something like that product.

+1
    new stickers may come off without a little heat but i have always used a hair dryer to reduce the ammount of glue left on paint once removed..
    warm it up and start at one end and work the heat just in front of the stickers as you peel away,any glue left can be removed with ease with a little wax

+1
    Come to think about it, I took all the warning stickers off at the gas station when I was on my way home with my new toy (except one that I missed). Hair dryer helps but like Hydrotherapy said, new stickers may not need the heat.

I always use heat when removing the stickers on my sled, though.

+1
    hair dryer is the best. If you do get any glue left on the ski, spray it with some WD40 and rub it in. Comes right off. Dont use a razor blade. Make sure to wash where you spayed the WD. Its probably not the best for the paint ..... but it works!

+1
    pulled most of the stickers off without heat... even pulled the rear yammy ones while stopped on the river... gonna pull the 2 person sticker this weekend. supercharged ones will come off when i get my seat cover... FZR stickers on the hull are definitely staying

the cali emission sticker was a son of a gun... took me probably 40 minutes... heat... and lots of careful scrapping... no razor blades... got most of it off... took a clay bar and went over it awhile to get the rest of it off... then waxed it

Quote Originally Posted by 5001craig View Post
    That's exactly what I do. You can play with the amount of heat. If there is any glue that sticks to the body, you can use some goo gone or something like that product.
    i will try the hair dryer route and see what happens. if theres any glue left over i will use some goo gone but now my question is, will goo gone damage the paint and would i have to polish that area where the sticker was due to the sun hitting around the sticker... wont the paint look more fresh than the paint already expossed to daily riding sun light?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information