Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Every adventure comes to an end........ Not Today! wreckingball's Avatar
    +1

Upgrading intake plate on 1300 - what is the best value

My 03 gpr1300 is stock and I want to put a new intake grate on to replace the stocker. I don't plan to modify my ski, but I do want a grate that will keep the ski planted in the water. On my stand up superjet the pump used to feel like it was not staying down in the water when I was running WOT until I put an aftermarket intake grate on. On my gpr I'm still rebuilding my motor, but once I get it in the water, I don't want it to have the same issue. I also don't want to spend a lot of money, as I've pretty much drained my toy cash fund for the next 2 years rebuilding my motor.

Thanks

Joe

+1
    R&D 1200 grate. you can buy it from the online store. Use Greenhulk as a coupon and get 10% off. Or put a want to buy add in the classifieds and usually someone has a used one in good shape.

Banned User
    Some of the R&D grates have had cracking issues, I'd go with the Riva. If you're lucky, you can find a used one in the classifieds like I did for $40

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fzr100098 View Post
    Some of the R&D grates have had cracking issues, I'd go with the Riva. If you're lucky, you can find a used one in the classifieds like I did for $40
    The R&D 800 grate is the grate that has had cracking issues. The RIVA and R&D 1200 grates are the same thing with a different name. Except Riva is $20 more.

+1
    Thanks, I'll post a WTB in the classifieds

Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    The R&D 800 grate is the grate that has had cracking issues. The RIVA and R&D 1200 grates are the same thing with a different name. Except Riva is $20 more.
    +1

you should get in the habbit of looking over your grate and hitting the bolts with a torque wrench every few rides, cheap insurance, and easy if you have a lift or trailer it to where you ride.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skyline2962 View Post
    +1

you should get in the habbit of looking over your grate and hitting the bolts with a torque wrench every few rides, cheap insurance, and easy if you have a lift or trailer it to where you ride.

I've got a trailer, and looking over my equipment is something that happends everytime, be it my MX bike, or jet ski.. It helps that I am a mechanic and I am anal about my stuff (not talking about my full size truck though - I use that to ram @holes off the road that want to willingly engage in road rage. It may not be LA here, but we have plenty of idiots here in SD too)

Quote Originally Posted by wreckingball View Post
    I've got a trailer, and looking over my equipment is something that happends everytime, be it my MX bike, or jet ski.. It helps that I am a mechanic and I am anal about my stuff (not talking about my full size truck though - I use that to ram @holes off the road that want to willingly engage in road rage. It may not be LA here, but we have plenty of idiots here in SD too)
    well they are here in NJ also... I hate the parkway...

Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    R&D 1200 grate. you can buy it from the online store. Use Greenhulk as a coupon and get 10% off. Or put a want to buy add in the classifieds and usually someone has a used one in good shape.
    MIKE!!!! dood they are both junk... never had one that sit absolutely flush perfectly. the only other aftermarket grate that didn`t need any massaging was the WORX grate...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    well they are here in NJ also... I hate the parkway...
    I think NJ ranked in the top three of the worst places to drive and experience road rage. Search yahoo to find out for sure though. I just read that the other day when I logged in to check my email.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information