Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: new best for me

Banned User
    +1

new best for me

well had my p-x to 72.6 in well less then ideal conditions. my current mods include 4" fizzle intake, rear exhaust, rideplate holes filled, proseries blockoffs. soon as i did this it pounds 8200 with ease, too bad thats no good and i know it.
    my goal for right now is 75+ and im wondering whats that gonna take, if it even can be done w/ the stock SCer. so heres the questions. how about: worx grate (i ride in mild chop 90% of the time). solas srx-cd 15-22r impeller, and reduction nozzle with probably the 83 ring as thats what i read most are using for speed. im hoping that would put me in the ball park.
    also what kind of impeller remover/installer tool will i need to get the stock one off and solas back on. im not scared to do it just never done it before and woulld like to have all the tools laid out ready to go.

never fast enough
    mike

+1
    Congrats Mike, there is more to come.

You will definitely want the 15/22R impeller and the reduction nozzle. It seems most of the x guys are getting the best results with the 83mm ring.

If you ride in cooler months and find the RPM's creeping back up over 8100 then just swap in the 82mm ring.

This is the tool you will use for both the stock and 15/22R impeller
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=391

You definitely want to get the RPM's down to 8100. At 8200 you are all over the limiter and the ECU is cutting fuel. Not a good thing!

+1
    Mike, I bought a new 15 22 and I got about 2 mph out of it. You can also contact forum member duke and buy a prop that he will mod for you before you receive it for about the same price. If I had to do it over I would have done that considering I'm about to send him mine. Look up mpower thread on budget performance. Many of us went by this

+1
    75+ can easily be done on the stock X SCer. I was in the 78+ range with a stock SCer, stock ecu when I switched to a 2RUDE.

Banned User
    +1
    thanks jp. 78+ would make me even more happy but one step at a time. i have sent my email off to duke to see if he wants to do me up a prop and plan on ordering the nozzle and grate first thing in the morning.

mike

rxt

81+ with Stock ski ( Jerry say me: I have stock ski )

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by repsol View Post
    81+ with Stock ski ( Jerry say me: I have stock ski )
    Peter you do not have a stock ski

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Peter you do not have a stock ski
    why not ??

Here all stock parts inside:
    fuel tank ( inside not )
    cables
    I need think about more....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    thanks jp. 78+ would make me even more happy but one step at a time. i have sent my email off to duke to see if he wants to do me up a prop and plan on ordering the nozzle and grate first thing in the morning.

mike
    Mike, Check out this thread I did awhile ago "Got it today". I think most of the info to get to 77-78mph is in that thread. My set up has been safe for 95 hours and I am at 85+ now. Up to the 77-78mph range, if you do anyhting different from what I did. Your results may vary. EX. Stuff, Buck, Lower top speeds. Also, use some common sense when doing high speed runs. I have heard of some guy stuffing in the lower 70's with a WORX grate. I sold my WORX grate because I was having problems around 79-80 with it. I think if I hit the right roller/wave I would have a problem at lower speeds also.

You are right to take it one step at time, I did. I sure didn't want to eat the handle bars for lunch and I don't like hearing about anyone else doing that.

Banned User
    +1
    ouch... bugs hitting you in the face at....76mph (my new best) hurts. just wanted to say thanks to jp for the advice, especially the vts extension rod adjustment. 76 @ 8160 with flashes of 8180 2 bars of gas 83mm ring and an untouched 15/22. gonna try the 82mm ring sometime this week and see how it goes. after that send the prop out. ran good, never felt like it was gonna stuff.

question though, my r&d grate sits juuuust a tad below the rideplate. i was wondering if you guys take material off the bottom (water side) or the hull side (top) of the grate to get it to sit flush.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information