Thread: R&D trim tabs

R&D trim tabs

I have the standard R&D trim tabs on my x4, what does the 3* tabs do? how do i make mine 3*?

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    The 3 degree tabs does not kill you max speed like the ones you currently have does. Harry discovered this when he machined a set 3 degrees. I do not like trim tabs at all myself personally. You can shim the rear of your stock tabs to prevent any porpoising, trimmed all the way up, standing on the back.

Another thing the tabs do it increase the load on the engine. So if you pipe it, you stand a greater chance of squeaking one from the increased heat produced by the load.

95spi w\factory pipe/96xp Diggler's Avatar

R&D trim tabs

I have WORX X tender tabs and they make a hell of a difference keeping the boat in the water. I have all the rough water bolt on parts because lake saint clair is such a busy lake. Where I live on one side is city and lots of boat traffic usually. 5 miles acrossed on the other side is pure smooth water for miles and miles of reed trails. Funny thing is my buddys gpr1200 which he converted to a 1300 still cant hang with me in the chop, because hes either out of shape or usually has the excuse, " mine just keeps cavitating and loses hookup"" blahh blahh same thing every time. even after he put the pump plug kit in it. Hense that thing is a boat compared to our friend the x4 which is like what, 8 feet and that gpr is like way more for someone who wants to sit and enjoy the ride. yeah i sit down sometimes when I go out riding, "when we stop at the bar for a burger n beer" but thats just my cocky additude about a real jetski. I rode that thing one time and didnt care for it. if it did 80 than maybe i would. his "WAS'' getting 62 maybe 63 b4 it blew up again. we are doin 60s just as well. some of you are like almostt breakin 70, i wish you guys could come out here and run circles around some gpr's just so I could see the dumbfounded look on there face
    i know its a highly performance potential boat but im not a fan of tripples unless theres a way to put a Mach z motor in an x4

Banned User
    I have run tabs on every X4 hull I have ever owned and never had a problem, I think they handle so much better with, too unstable without. Play around with shimming them if you want, but might want to confirm all your testing with a radar gun, cause you most likely wont feel a 1-2 mph differance.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    I wish i would have kept mine on my 96xp, it's a night and day diff in the way it handles in the water, especially setting up for hitting a wave set.

ok but where exactly do I mill 3* off of it? I can mill at work.

Thread Information