Looking for a metal pump.

I want to get rid of this plastic one I've got in my 03 GTX SC. Was wondering which one I get. Looking for advice from someone who'd know. CAn I get a different model pump and put on therE? Perhaps a newer one? Do the more recent models come with this composite pump? MAny thanks in advance.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    you can get any 4-tec metal pump... it will fit... some new models STILL come with plastic composite pumps, but don't waste your time, metal is the way to go.

then you have another alternative... which can get pricey tho... you can upgrade your wear ring, prop, and driveshaft to RXP specs which processes a little more water for more acceleration and speed, but $$$$

pick your poison, pick your budget. the metal pump alone is very expensive to begin with.

+1
    peteshauling is selling a stock alluminum pump for a good price

I see what ya sayin, Shibby1485. I think I'll keep my mods hopefully well under a grand. Then after a while I'll just sell and get a newer one.

The things I'm thinking about putting on it is the metal pump, metal wear ring, and maybe a stage 1 kit. I know that'll be reaching close to a grand, if not over, but thats my goal.

two2curupt, thanks for the info. I'm guessing peteshauling is a user of these boards (i haven't looked it up yet) so I'll drop him a line and let him know of my interest.

In case pete has already sold his pump, I'll still be in the market if anyone has any information. I'd really appreicate it. Thanks a bunch guys.

+1
    well i'll be honest with you... just a OEM metal pump goes for about 7 bucks ready to bolt in. it's like 250-300 for just the housing, then it's a ton of money in o-rings, spacers, bearings, cones, impeller shaft, etc...

i have a complete metal pump with a skat-trak triple bearing mod and SS wear ring for sale... but that pretty much takes up your 1000 dollar budget almost

i also have for sale some of the components for a stage 1 kit... i have Riva Power Filter kit, pump wedges...

let's see what else do i have... look in this picture, there's alot to be sold funny part is some of it is still brand new wrapped in plastic, and furthermore that pic only displays a fraction of all the stuff i gotta sell. 2 complete turn key skis, trailers, and tons of parts... wanna buy a 2005 RXT or a 2004 GTX SC?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	garage 001.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	7049  

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485
    i also have for sale some of the components for a stage 1 kit... i have Riva Power Filter kit, pump wedges...
    Shibby, I would like the pump wedge if 2*. Do you have a riva gate and GTX Solas 14/19R impeller?

lafjax

Shibby, are you there...?

+1
    yea sent you a PM... what year GTX you have?? a Solas 14/19 won't fit into a stock GTX SC 185 HP machine... different driveshaft, different wear ring, different diameter impeller...

i have 2.25 degree pump wedge and 2.5 degree pump wedges

no intake grates for the GTX

Thread Information