94 750 ski no fuel

I bought a 94 slt750 no fuel getting to carbs. First pwc not sure how it works, I was reading some of the other coments, helpfull but still a little lost. I have fuel getting to the pump but nothing coming out of the pump. I checked the pulse line and there does not seem to be much there. Had some fuel come out of pulse line when I was trying to start. What kind of pressure and suction should be at the pulse line?

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk!
    Is this ski new to you?
    You are getting fuel out of the line marked with the red arrow? If so, is it when the line is still connected to the pump, or the engines pulse port?

Do you have the part marked with the blue arrow?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	94 slt fuel.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	153895  

Has the pump been rebuilt? sounds like it has a cracked membrane,

The pulse line does just that ( brings the pulse from engine to pump ), the "pulse" causes the membranes to move and the fuel is transfered through the check valves,, this happens very fast with the engine running,

Fuel is NOT on the pulse side of the pump

I went through the exact same issues as you within the past 2 weeks. Take a look at the posts I started.

Most likely problem: Fuel pump bad
    What you should do: Replace pump with upgraded 3 way output pump from John Z. Also replace the fuel lines from fuellines.biz. Get 27'. Dont use the zip ties, they are junk. Use clamps.

if it's new to you and hadn't been run in a while then the carbs need to be rebuilt. This is very easy to do and takes less then 3 hours from removing of carbs to re-install. There is a kit on ebay that includes the needles & pins less then $120 shipped.

check your plugs aftrer trying to crank it over. Are they oily? If so its definatly fuel pump & carbs. Replace these once the rest is done.

I just bought a 1993 SL 750 two months ago with the eng. in three box's. I had the same problem but it was the carbs. I removed the carb. assy. and found the float needle valve and passages gummed up and clogged. The carb. kit's run about 40 dollars, I got lucky and re-assembled with no leaks. The ski runs great. Not to say the problem is not somewhere else.

yes the ski is new to me, The line marked with the red arrow I am not getting fuel from the pump, but fuel from the engine. like the engine is flooded with fuel. The last guy to own the ski was tring to get it to run by putting fuel down the carbs. I think the engine case may have some fuel in it. I do have the part marked with the blue arrow.
    Last edited by jmcglin; 10-08-2009 at 07:43 AM. Reason: missed part of question

Quote Originally Posted by stl_sl650 View Post
    I went through the exact same issues as you within the past 2 weeks. Take a look at the posts I started.

Most likely problem: Fuel pump bad
    What you should do: Replace pump with upgraded 3 way output pump from John Z. Also replace the fuel lines from fuellines.biz. Get 27'. Dont use the zip ties, they are junk. Use clamps.

if it's new to you and hadn't been run in a while then the carbs need to be rebuilt. This is very easy to do and takes less then 3 hours from removing of carbs to re-install. There is a kit on ebay that includes the needles & pins less then $120 shipped.

check your plugs aftrer trying to crank it over. Are they oily? If so its definatly fuel pump & carbs. Replace these once the rest is done.
    Where do I find John Z?

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Have a look in this thread. John Zs info is in there.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jmcglin View Post
    Where do I find John Z?

Polaris PWC Parts Sources

Thread Information