Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

Ebay Problem/question

I won an auction for a truck last night that I got a SMOKIN deal on but now the seller refuses to sell me the truck for the winning auction price. Is there anything I can do? I won a 1996 Chevy 3500 dually crew cab for $3700. On one hand I dont blame the guy but on the other hand he was the dumba$$ who didnt do a reserve or a starting bid at what he wanted for the truck. Any suggestions? Oh yea we live in the same state Alabama.

+1
    Here's the Alabama auction laws http://www.auctioneer.state.al.us/PD...atedTitles.pdf I don't if because it was on ebay there are different rules.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    send the email where the seller refuses to abide y the rules to ebay, then after it's all said and done, leave appropriate feedback.

be sure to ask what his selling price is, it will help your case if he's dumb enough to answer

Sad to say but I doubt you will get your truck out of the whole deal, I know ebay has a law that says something along the lines of if the pricing was incorrectly typed that the seller does not have to follow through with the sale IE if he would have priced it at $50 dollars instead of $5000. However yours does not sound that way. Mine was alot smaller circumstances but I just went through this, bought a brand new helmet for .99 but the guy was not happy about it so he refused to send it. Well I reported it to Ebay and paypal and all I did was get my money back. If you fight it hard enough you very well could come out on top, however from my expeirences chances are slim.
    -david

+1
    I sent the emails to Ebay they said that they cant do anything about making him sell me the truck all I can do is leave him a negative feedback. Oh well It was worth a shot I really would have like to get it for that price......

You cant really force anyone to sell you anything. I know how you feel. Ive been on ebay for nearly a decade and Ive had similar experiences.

Technically, the auction is a legally binding agreement. Unfortunately, while you plan to sue him, hell sell it to someone else for more money and the truck will be gone. Then what do you do? Its just not worth the trouble.

Im a huge believer that if you search long enough and are patient you will get what you want at the price you want to pay.. you just may have to wait a little longer this time around. This wasnt your truck.

Not to mention, if the guy doesnt hold true to his word on selling it, how do you feel about buying the truck from him anyhow? I mean.. do you think hes been true to his word about everything else regarding the truck? Think of it that way. You may be better off.

my .02

good luck man.

+1
    whats being told to you may not be entirely true. you need to go look up contract law and talk to a few people. if i remember the law correctly for NYS( not sure if this applies to other states). your auction is a type of contract becuase a contract is an agreement between to parties. so you ebay auction is your contract. under nys laws if you enter into agreement and you break that contract your at fault and its your responsibility to make that person whole again. if you agree to sell something for 3700 and sell it to some one else that other party has the right to go buy a similar vehicle and sue the sell for the diffrence. like wise is the seller tries to sell something and you agree to buy it at 3700 and you back out of the contract and they are forced to sell if for less you could be liable the diffrence if they decide to sue you. the only problem is that you have to try and prove that you didn't go out and buy a much more expensive vehicle to be spiteful. but if you have to spend 5g for a similar truck and thats the kbb and there the same options and conditions you would be fine.

its been a while since it took contract law or buisness law courses. but im fairly confident that the information i gave u is at least 95% accurate. i might be missing a detail or two. you also have to realize it might not apply to your state so you might want to speak to an attorney .

Rasta Mon Condoms We Be Jammin!!!!! TxVirageTx's Avatar
    +1

auction

your not gonna get squat without a lawyer,how are you gonna prove the vehicle he was selling wasn't a piece of garbage with a knocking motor??way too many if this or maybe that.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    if this auction was an obvious error (the seller had plenty of time to realiz his erro and cancel the auction), cheapest thing if you don't want to spend the bucks for an attorney is to get his contact inforamtion from ebay, send him an offical sounding certified letter indicating that if he isn';t intending on abiding by the auction contract, you'll have to take leagal action, which may end up costing him much more then the loss he would take on the truck.

You passed on several good deals waiting for his, and now you're expecting some kind of compensation, I'd say 5% of your bid would be a good starting point

of course you wouldn't notice the bucket of dirt he dumpd in the engine for a few weeks if he folds and does sell the truck to you, but at least you'll cost him a couple of pairs of shorts in the process.

I've put the squeeze on a couiple of scumbucket ebayers///my favorite is the non-shipper..if the seller demands a personal check or money order ( I rarely if ever get involved with those deals anymore), I send it USPS and get a proof of mailing..if they don't deliver, I let the government be my muslce, US postal inspectors love to go after folks who take checks and don't deliver the goods.

On the other hand my bs detector told me sending a small pile of money to a guy with a handheld programmer was safe, after I spoke with him I knew I would get it in exactly the same condition he described.

buying long distance is risky any way you slice it. I've only been burned a few times, but one of em was for a car which arrived from out of state with a bad transmission. It's an educational process...you just got three credits in scumbucket ebayers 101.

I just got 4 credits in "don't take a 6 year in storage tigershark in the shop for start up work, no matter how hot the guys girlfriend was"

what was this ebayers ID, so we all know to avoid him like prop wash

+1
    I am going to just move on i left him a bad feedback (big deal)

Here is the auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information