X Model Supercharger Question

This question is for anyone who has worked with the X-chargers. I'm looking at putting an x-model supercharger in my gtx, can anyone tell me if the top charger mounting bolt is shorter than the other two or is it the same length? All three bolts are the same length in my stock charger. (2007 gtx limited) Also, is the bolt threaded directly into the supercharger housing, or is there a threaded insert expoxied into a hole that then accepts that bolt?

I had originally thought this charger was supposed to "bolt right in" but if you need a different bolt this would be helpful to know. Thanks!

+1
    It bolts right in with the same bolts.

all 3 bolts are the same length.

+1
    Did you think of bigger injectors (42s'),or a rrfpr,otherwise you will be running lean.

Abit of prop tweaking may be needed otherwise you will be on the limiter!

Quote Originally Posted by ndgtxltd View Post
    This question is for anyone who has worked with the X-chargers. I'm looking at putting an x-model supercharger in my gtx, can anyone tell me if the top charger mounting bolt is shorter than the other two or is it the same length? All three bolts are the same length in my stock charger. (2007 gtx limited) Also, is the bolt threaded directly into the supercharger housing, or is there a threaded insert expoxied into a hole that then accepts that bolt?

I had originally thought this charger was supposed to "bolt right in" but if you need a different bolt this would be helpful to know. Thanks!

I have planned on 42lb injectors, this is in addition to other mods as well (opas pro blockoffs, shorty water box with rear exhaust, 4" intake, riva catch can, worx grate, bilge pumps, and I want to do an xs intercooler with rrfpr by spring. I have a riva 15/20r prop that I am planning on trying, hopefully I can run it ok now and grow into it with more upgrades.

Reason I posed this question is that I have purchased an x-charger off of ebay that was supposedly "like new with 11 hours" and had the upgraded washers just installed as well.

When I got it, it looked like it had been through a war with knicks and such, gasket sealer gooped up around the perimeter, knicks in the drive gear, and a crappy looking threaded insert epoxied into the top hole of the housing that is supposed to be threaded. Upon installation this insert broke free before the bolt got tight. The guy says that the x-chargers are supposed to be like that, they use smaller bolts in that top hole which I thought was bs, especially in addition to all the other issues with the charger.

I figured something was up when I pull my charger off with over 100 hours on it and it looks brand new compared to the "like brand new with only 11 hours" ebay x-charger that looks like ace ventura just kicked it down the hall to my doorstep!

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    It bolts right in with the same bolts.

all 3 bolts are the same length.
    Thanks, Jerry, for the quick reply.

Thread Information