FZR / FZS pump issue fixed?

i know when the fzr & fzs were released people were getting bucked off and also the tunnels were cracking like on the seadoo x-boats. does anyone know if either of the problems have been fixed in the 2010 models?
    or does yamaha expect me to buy one and have to swap the grate and
    reinforce my own tunnel?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Replace the grate with the Riva or R&D. There are quite a few people with bone stock skis though that haven't had any buck issues. Tunnels also aren't cracking on the FZ's. That was on the SHO's.

+ 1 been on and around several FZ's up to 70 gps stock and no sign of a buck some of those cases that were reported imo were rider error or ride plate or intake grate tweeking. never heard or seen pump cracking on FZ's they already come reinforced , little diff set up than on the SHO's where they were having that problem.

I am just curious, how does one commit "rider error"?
    I just need to know so that when I ride my buddies Fz I dont commit any errors and break anything

well the most common one i have seen and heard about is while standing up on the ski and blasting WOT then you chop the throttle all of a sudden for what ever reason the ski will give you a throw forward

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pooper_Scooper View Post
    i know when the fzr & fzs were released people were getting bucked off and also the tunnels were cracking like on the seadoo x-boats. does anyone know if either of the problems have been fixed in the 2010 models?
    or does yamaha expect me to buy one and have to swap the grate and
    reinforce my own tunnel?
    ... I never heard of the tunnel on a FZR/S cracking. That issue is on the SHOs only. If any FZR/S tunnels did crack it is probably because they removed that metal bracket that "appears" to hold the rubber flaps up. The metal bracket actually supports the pump, not the rubber flaps.
    Also, the 2010 models are identical to the 2009 models, new colors and stickers.

I cannot recall any FZ's that had a tunnel issue. As far as SHO's go I haven't hear of much more than a handful f those on this board and none lately. I have the tunnel kit in my SHO and have no issues. Not that I don't always check it anyway...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    I cannot recall any FZ's that had a tunnel issue. As far as SHO's go I haven't hear of much more than a handful f those on this board and none lately. I have the tunnel kit in my SHO and have no issues. Not that I don't always check it anyway...
    I know there are no dumb questions here as so many people are so generous with their info as simple as the question may be.... so I'll ask.... How do you check it? Where do you look? What are you looking for? Just trying to learn here.

Thanks

Thread Information