Ultra 260 engine vs Seadoo rotax

i'm interested in Kawasaki however i know nothing about their engines!
    i have a 08 Rxt-x with over 100 hours of hard riding on her with no engine problems at all other then SC maint and a knock sensor..
    i am wondering what kind of relibility do most people get from their ultras?
    other then the normal wear and tear on the supercharger..
    Please provide as much info as possible of how Kawis engine stack up vs the seadoo rotax

Thanks

Hope this helps, Search engine works well on greenhulk, that being said, I have 200 hours on my 07 ultra250 with only springing a leak in my exhaust gasket, one belt gone bad and some hoses coming loose on first ride. other than that, alls well in the engine dept. Must follow maint. schedule or you will pay through the nose for repairs. But a stock 260 is seemingly doing well so far.

80 hrs...zero problems. Snapped a plug by over torquing and a lil water ingestion due to a ram air mod. Just keep up on flushing, oil changes, keep an eye on the SC belt and SC/Pump bearings. It's a good, strong ski in my opinion. Search button will help, also check teammoto and 250xtech sites for more info.

+1
    Well being that the engine is Japanese and made in Japan it's going to be better IMHO. Just like a Honda or Toyota car--it's going to be more reliable than a big 3 or euro make.

Cool My experience

I have never owned a SeaDoo although I have heard that they tend to experience the most reliability issues of all PWC manufacturers.

As far as the Ultras go my '07 Ultra 250X has yet to have a single problem and I am at 150hrs. The only thing I have changed is oil, oil filter, fuel filter, and SC oil (this is all standard maintenance). I am still on the same SC belt that the ski came with (plan to change it this winter) and the engine and SC is running as strong as ever. I hope this helps.

PS: I hear the Yamaha 1.8L is pretty amazing, you should check them out too.

4 cylinders are naturally smoother and don't need to add on a harmonic balancer shaft, however considering a blown(SC) engine the seadoo seems to do better- past clutch washers aside. The manufacturing quality is better with the Kawasaki engine.

+1
    I race kawi, my club team mates race doos, both are good and seem to suffer the same amount of issues but I am talking about race skis not rec skis. IMO the kawi makes max rpm a lot faster and easier its just so much heavier then the doo, my mates race xp's and xp-x's, that being said I can almost keep pace with them on the flat, in the surf is bye bye baby. horse for courses, if you want fast on the flat go yammy or doo, fast in real water kawi all they way.

too rite mate i have a stock as a rock 08 ultra 250 the waters we ride in are most of the time rough waters and ill smoke mi mate on his seadoo o8 255 but when it comes to flat water he will beat me but not by much at all not enough for me to spend money on mods just to stroke my pride
    lovin the kwakas

OTE=JET250;1238629]I race kawi, my club team mates race doos, both are good and seem to suffer the same amount of issues but I am talking about race skis not rec skis. IMO the kawi makes max rpm a lot faster and easier its just so much heavier then the doo, my mates race xp's and xp-x's, that being said I can almost keep pace with them on the flat, in the surf is bye bye baby. horse for courses, if you want fast on the flat go yammy or doo, fast in real water kawi all they way.[/QUOTE]

Thread Information