Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do i need to worry?

I Live in Northern saskatchewan and my seadoos are booked into the dealership for a winterization and 10 hour service on the 19th of october. Right now we are experiencing temperatures of -1 to -5 degrees celcius... do i need to worry about anything cracking or breaking or freezing in the mean time?

A 40 watt trouble light in each engine bay with the seat on would be excellent insurance. They won't swing up and down in temperature as fast as the air, but if you're getting sub 0C day and night, the freezing point is still just that!!

what exactley is there to freeze? i thought these were closed looped cooling systems so no water would be in the system? ( 2009 RXP-X and 2009 RXT)

+1
    Holy crap Batman, its 88 here with a heat index of 101 and I am going ride

the above doesn't really answer my question......sorry to be and a##hole but im kinda stressin!

You should be worried, you have alot of money tied up with the units, see if you can get them in sooner or with another shop. If not get them inside somewhere or take sandpipers suggestion.......
    There is always water left inside.......

THE WORST THING IS "WIND", THAT CAN DROP TEMP.S AWFUL QUICK!!!!!!

is there any water in this system?.....can i just run them on the trailer to get the water out of the exhaust?....Help Plz!

I would start them to purge any water left in the system! No more than 30 sec. as you can warp the exaust manifold......

asphalt, dirt, and water are my playgrounds. ViperRy's Avatar
    You need to do something asap. Pump some pink antifreeze though her for right now. Even if you want to go cheap and use a power drill pump, just get the pink stuff in there.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    These are 2-stroke SeaDoo engines - correct?

Water expands when it first freezes, and the damage is done then. Colder temps don't make the ice expand further.

You want to either have very little water trapped in the system, or you want to get a mixture of propylene glycol (the pink 'RV' antifreeze) pumped in, to reduce the freeze temp of the remaining liquid to a much colder level.

I am not a SeaDoo guy, but if you tilt the nose of the trailer up as high as possible, and run the engine and firmly burp the throttle a few times, that should push most of the water box water out the exhaust.

The nose high tilt should allow most of the water in the engine cooling hoses to drain out.

If you want to add anti-freeze, do so through the engine flush fitting, or disconnect the hose that normally feeds water from the jet pump into the engine, and pump the anti-freeze mixture in that way.

Idle the engine while pumping in the anti-freeze. When you see anti-freeze mixture coming out the exhaust and water exit, stop the flow, burp the throttle to clear the water box, and shut it down.

I am sure if you search on these forums, you will find other posts discussing in detail how to winterize your machines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information