750 sxi pro help

I just bought a 750 pro with factory dry pipe,msd water injection,ocean pro head. as far as i know that is all that is done,.. problem is at a quarter or less throttle after about 10 seconds or less at quarter throttle it falls on its face.. but just pass this point it screams..literally.. I do have the msd solenoid control on it .. If anybody has the same or close set up please help.. Compression is 170\170.. it just dont have the 1/3 throttle response it should, after that it janks your arms OFF.. any suggestions would be helpfull.. DUAL carbs factory lows 67.5 and 172.5front 170 rear..Anybody with helpfull info will be appreciated...thanks heavyD

+1
    Do you know if the MSD injector is working properly? IMHO Id remove it an run a regular cooling route. YOu could be getting too much water into the waterbox causeing the ski to fall on its face. Or your lows are set incorrectly. Set the lows 1 turn from closed an gradually work from there. Slowly closing the needle until it runs crisp outta the hole. It could also be time for a carb rebuild as well. Bad carbs was the culprit on my sxi, when I first bought it; very gummed up carbs.

Thanks xplayer for your advice. yesterday tore down the carbs,reeds,fuel pumps and replaced the pilot jets from 67.5 to 75. Went to lake and started to dial in same thing was happining. 1\3 throttle no power fall on its face right past this point rip your arms off.LONG story short spark plug wire..lol ..could have kicked myself in the head. It was just amazing that it ran great only at very low speed.. oh well lesson learned...

TYPO except low rpms......sorry

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by heavyd1990 View Post
    Thanks xplayer for your advice. yesterday tore down the carbs,reeds,fuel pumps and replaced the pilot jets from 67.5 to 75. Went to lake and started to dial in same thing was happining. 1\3 throttle no power fall on its face right past this point rip your arms off.LONG story short spark plug wire..lol ..could have kicked myself in the head. It was just amazing that it ran great only at very low speed.. oh well lesson learned...
    Its how you learn dude!!!!

Thread Information