+1

Pump and drive shaft seal options

I need to replace my output bearing and seals and have not been happy with what I have been running. Here is a comment and an attachment of what I am going to use. Have not received a price yet but a little extra $ in this area can not hurt.

They are used mainly on high speed applications such as jet pumps, they use them on Jet Ski's and Go kart motors too. Good advantage of this seal is that it helps eliminate fretting of the shaft and bearing failures due to water or fluid passing the seal and entering the bearing housing.

What do you guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

SPEED KILLS, BUT YOU GET THERE QUICKER Keddano's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds Good,Beerdart have you heard/dealt with these? A teflon lip........Good Old Polytetrafluoroethylene.

Got to love how it lets you make great omelets.

I like the run dry comment on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh View Post
    I need to replace my output bearing and seals and have not been happy with what I have been running. Here is a comment and an attachment of what I am going to use. Have not received a price yet but a little extra $ in this area can not hurt.

They are used mainly on high speed applications such as jet pumps, they use them on Jet Ski's and Go kart motors too. Good advantage of this seal is that it helps eliminate fretting of the shaft and bearing failures due to water or fluid passing the seal and entering the bearing housing.

What do you guys
    I went on to their site and it looks like they manufacture some high quality seals. I would also like to try them on the jet pump being that's an area that always seems to require a fair amount of maintenance. I'm also going to see if they manufacture anything that could be used as replacement crank seals. In my opinion, the factory style seals are "ok" but a bit on the cheap side. Maybe they have something that would seal better, last longer with less wear on the crank. Thanks for posting the info.

Thread Information