Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Member Needs Help.

Hey Guys I just bought two polaris pwcs for a winter project.One is a 650 1994 and the other is a 750 1993. They have all the recomended updates except the fuel on/off bypassed. I joined because I need help. They are both running but have no power. I thought I would start with indexing the crank and then going through the carbs. Anyway I have been trying to obtain a shop manual with no luck. I even tried Polaris dot com and they no longer service their PWC's. They are still protecting their copyrights on something they will never make another penny off. But that leaves me in a pickle. So what am I to do? Whatever you guys do do not send me a link or pdf of their service manual. That would just not do. So remember whatever you do Do not send me a manual, please

Bing-A-Ding-Ding-Ding, Brrrrrap! Brrrrrrrrrap!!! Polaris_Nut#1's Avatar
    +1
    without pictures of these skis, I would have to assume he is a corporate spy LOL

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaris_Nut#1 View Post
    without pictures of these skis, I would have to assume he is a corporate spy LOL
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen View Post
    Hey Guys I just bought two polaris pwcs for a winter project.One is a 650 1994 and the other is a 750 1993. They have all the recomended updates except the fuel on/off bypassed. I joined because I need help. They are both running but have no power. I thought I would start with indexing the crank and then going through the carbs. Anyway I have been trying to obtain a shop manual with no luck. I even tried Polaris dot com and they no longer service their PWC's. They are still protecting their copyrights on something they will never make another penny off. But that leaves me in a pickle. So what am I to do? Whatever you guys do do not send me a link or pdf of their service manual. That would just not do. So remember whatever you do Do not send me a manual, please
    I recently saw both service manuals being sold on ebay for $40 each I think.

I will save you the trouble and send 4 gigs worth of manuals to you via PM.

better yet, try the fatty red link in my sig.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Hey Guys I just bought two Polaris pwcs for a winter project. One is a 650 1994 and the other is a 750 1993. They have all the recommended updates except the fuel on/off bypassed.

I joined because I need help.

They are both running but have no power. I thought I would start with indexing the crank and then going through the carbs.

Anyway I have been trying to obtain a shop manual with no luck. I even tried Polaris dot com and they no longer service their PWC's. They are still protecting their copyrights on something they will never make another penny off. But that leaves me in a pickle. So what am I to do? Whatever you guys do do not send me a link or pdf of their service manual. That would just not do. So remember whatever you do Do not send me a manual, please

Welcome to the Hulk

Where are you located?
    Got any photos of where you ride?

What is Polaris dot com?

Why would you start by checking the crank index?

You don't need a service manual to check that, anyways.
    All Polaris three cylinder engines are 120 degrees apart between cylinders, and there have been multiple threads on here discussing how to check crank index.

Engine compression would be the first thing to check.

Are you familiar with repairing high-output 2-stroke engines?

BTW, why did you chose this thread to make your first post?

Welcome to the Hulk.

Repair manuals are easy to come by. Check ebay.

yeah I would be suspicious too

I was thinking of taking a picture and posting it but there is nothing impressive about my skies. They have been sitting outside for a couple of years and need alot of tlc. As far as being a spy, I am new here and that was my first post so what can I say to convince you? I know here is a picture of me at work...lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lake Mead Bum & BTLS Mark starflight's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Frozen!
    This ski of mine is nothing to look at either, but I'm not afraid to post it.
    Isn't she a beauty!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HPIM3551.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	931.0 KB 
ID:	154211  

just kidding

I live in northern BC and my buddy has a 750 and my kids loved ridding it and I thought it would be fun to use these to go up rivers. The pictures are from my wifes Facebook. I did a compression test on both skies and the 750 is 150 145 150. The 650 was typical, around 110 but the gas was left on when I looked at it and the cylinders were full of gas and oil, (The guy I bought them off took the oil injection off and just mixed the oil and gas). So I am not sure if the test is acurate. I thought I would index the crank because I read that the crank can twist in the middle because of the way it is made. Both of these skies have been taking out pistons in the past and I want to make sure the crank is not twisted. I know the link on your (tenjuna) posts is an excellent source of info, but when I am working on the skies it would sure be nice to have all the info I need plus I would not have to keep asking questions that have been answered several times before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	buds.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	154212   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	phoenix.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	52.2 KB 
ID:	154213   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	moberly_n.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	16.7 KB 
ID:	154214  

In the first picture I am on the left and the other two guys are my cousins. The picture of the lake is Moberly and the girl on the ski is my daughter. I can't post any pictures of my skis because I am at work right now...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information