OK guys, as a hapless ploy to schmooze local PWC enthusiasts, I'm starting a new mini-promotions program: Join Personal Watercraft Illustrated for a morning ride and win some free stuff!

It's sort of like local radio station giveaways; simply keep a "weathered eye" on the forums and/or on PWI's website www.watercraft.com for any announcement when we're thinking about going out for a ride and be one of the first TEN people to walk up and greet me (or Associate Editor Justin Stannard) and pick your prize!

I've got bottles of Meguiar's Premium Marine Spray Shine/Detailer, boardshorts, swim trunks and t-shirts from Jet Tribe and Kawasaki Motor Corp., free issues of PWI, PWI t-shirts, caps from MoTeC Engine Management Systems, and so much more!

With as little notice as imaginable, the first "Ride with PWI" day will be tomorrow at Dana Point, California at 8am. We'll be doing a quick run from Dana Point to Oceanside and back. Come by, say hi, and check out our project Sea-Doo RXT-X Barracuda before I do something stupid like blow it up (I'm good at that!).

See you there!