Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: x ecu's

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar

x ecu's

correct me if i am wrong...but ...07 to 09 ecus are interchangeable...

i just got an x charger..

have a s 3 charger and external intecooler ..and 42 ...

should be able to stick an x ecu in my ski and go???

what would i have to do with keys and buds ect ..in addition>>. anything???

+1
    Ive been trying to figure out the same thing. The fuel pumps are diffrent on the 255hp skis so im not sure if itll work with out using a rrfpr.

Banned User
    no the pump itself is the same between all the 07 to 09 rxp/t and x's just a different setup for the housing area, also the voltage is different on the X's, from what i have read so far u can use a X ecu on a 07 p/t and 42's and x charger and xs ic and be ok, i would still recommend watching AFR's just like any time u start adding mods.

What are u hitting for top speed with that setup?

+1
    i thought the cam was different too?... i have no facts, just something i heard awhile back

Quote Originally Posted by slow07rxp View Post
    What are u hitting for top speed with that setup?
    not sure if you are asking me ..but it is 77 78 solid it is a simple good set up ..stock rpm safe ...very good bang for buck...i waisted money on a wheel first...add the ecu and valve train and the new ride plate you will be bouncing off 80 or slightly over

the differerence between a wheel and ..a charger is the acceleration ..that comes with the extra volume..created buy the extra height or diamiter of the wheels depending on your choice...bigger or taller

volume of a charger acts like torque in a car ..torque/volume accelerates ....
    the max psi is kinda like horse power......horsepower/max psi is like top speed ..to keep it simple

you can have a chargers vs wheel that make almost the same boost but the charger will out accelerate the wheel every time ...it just has more psi lower and builds to the psi faster...

1 or 2 mph even 3...you wont even notice...the difference is a ripple or comming unhooked...trim not quite right .air tmp diff...but the acceleration you will

the x charger has just a little more volume than the rivas s3 upgrade ....due to the bigger diameter wheel...and why you need 42# and a rrfpr if you run an aftermarket intercooler with the x charger...and you dont need the rrfpr with the same set up with the s3 ...small diff....less than a pound ..the advantage to the x charger is you can upgrade the x charger .. like i did my stocker with the s3 charger new wheel and face.....to the mini rude..of corese add 700 ..+++ retune reprop bigger injectors ect..

i am probably going to be selling the s3 charger metal washers just shimmed ...thinking???? whole charger for a little less than just a wheel ....advantage ...more acceleration and you will have you stocker for a back up should anything ever happen ..you can just put the s3 face and wheel on it you stocker ..and be back in business..and if you are liking at keeping cost down the s3 charger doesnt need the rrfpr....= less cost

and the 42# injectors...and possibly the 15 / 20 prop it has never been re pitched...all works well together

as well as selling the x charger i just bought ...also just shimmed...

then add about a grand to that $$$ and go rude 3 ..keep the stock ecu 60# injectors and have cal high psi tune my rude programer....get a new prop then have duke pitch it...of corse fuel pump.. rail... ride... plate ect..do it once and be done ...it should be well over 80 and accelerate like a rocket..basically as gold rxp ??? did ...for me it isnt all about top speed there will always be someone faster on a conversion tubo ski at any event ......i should be able to out run almost anything i run into .....on everyday water ..with this set up ..thinking just do it once and be done...

just gotta pay the chinese way one lump sum

it is a sick ness getting rid of my r1 thinning toys ...so make the ones i get to keep bad ass..

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyRXT View Post
    no the pump itself is the same between all the 07 to 09 rxp/t and x's just a different setup for the housing area, also the voltage is different on the X's, from what i have read so far u can use a X ecu on a 07 p/t and 42's and x charger and xs ic and be ok, i would still recommend watching AFR's just like any time u start adding mods.
    is the fuel pump voltage controlled by the ecu???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post

I'm pretty sure it is

Banned User
    I am not sure what sets the voltage to the Pump.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    If this is the case then you could for sure just add x ecu and charger without the need to an rrfpr. someone out theres gotta know

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information