Thread: Jumping waves

+1

Jumping waves

A quick question on jumping waves. When u hit one ,the pump comes out of the water. What do you do? let go of the throttle and get into it once it hits or? You don't want it to spin to the rev limiter out of the water do you? Will it hurt anything? Is there a right and wrong way to jump as far as the throttle is concerned? I just let off till it hits then nail it again.

Wave jumping is sick but be prepared to break something eventually. Its tough on the ski but in my opinion sooo worth it! I would not hold the throttle down in mid air. not only are you unnecessarily revving the balls off the motor but When you land and the pump loads back up it puts alot of stress on the drive components. the best thing to do is let off the gas right when u leave the wave. if you let off right before you r in the air the ski wont nose up like it should. you always want the tail to drop and land tail first or you will be slamming hard when you land.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    boy 'o boy you can get a million answers on this one, I feather through after launch so I try to keep some water in the pump area and not let it take a dump out the intake gate while in the air, approaching landing start to keep the impeller going so it is not at a almost dead stop - and of course a little more harder on the whole process of throttle control on a N/A ski over the Super charged

+1
    I was watching some videos of huge wave jumping and like you said, I saw them land ass first. I didn't know if they were doing it right or just hit it wrong. Thats interesting pirate says to feather a little to keep the pump a little full instead of dumping out the grate. I figured it would be empty almost immediatly after turning 6000 r's coming off the wave.
    Guess there is many answers depending on what type of ski. Thx. Has anyone ever had the ski drop in vertically and almost stop forward movement? I saw a sunsation 24 ft boat do that. I watched all the people inside the boat slide back to the rear seat!. He was going like 60 and hit a 6 footer. scary.. They stopped doing that after.lol

Thread Information