Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

2008 Rxp 255 Intercooler

I am trying to winterize the 2008 Rxp 255. I have fogged, stablized, and used my air compressor to blow out water thru flush port while idle. I am trying to put antifreeze in the intercooler and its not in the same place as my 2007 gtx ltd. Anyone give me an idea where to find it. I thinks behing the antifreeze reserve in the very back of ski and it appears to be silver alumin. Is this correct. It appears to have 2 approx. 3" hoses on it.

+1
    Yes, you've found the intercooler

+1

Intercooler Part #45 bottom pic

Cooling diagram

Intercooler #45 below

its back in there a bit will I have to take off the seat frame to be able to take hoses off and put the 300 mil in the manifold and 100 in the exhaust. Seems like alot of stuff to take off vs the way I can do my gtx. Or Am I over thinking it?

GOT BOOST?
    +1
    Should add fuel stabalizer then run the ski with a bilge pump hooked to the flush port to pump antifreeze though the cooling system, just wait till you see the aintifreeze coming out and your good to go. then re fog the motor last.

+1
    Sportsterme, do you put the pump in a pan of antifreeze or what ? I would like to see your setup.

Never Time To Ride
    Yes, just put some antifreeze in a pan/bucket, start the ski and turn on the pump. The pump should hook up to the flush port. When you see antifreeze coming out you are good. I use RV antifreeze. It is a little cheaper and works great.

GOT BOOST?
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ERICG1 View Post
    Sportsterme, do you put the pump in a pan of antifreeze or what ? I would like to see your setup.
    yup just like antoniodef said

To power the bilge pump use an old car battery or booster pack just make sure you connect the + to +. and treat it like your running it on garden hose. Turn ski on THEN turn the bilge on. dont leave the bilge pump on when the ski is off or you could get a motor full of fluid.

Interesting idea. I have blown it out with high pressure air. I guess your idea is a better full proof way of doing it. where do you pick up a bilge pump like that?

Pardon me, but what is line 11 in the top diagram? Where is it coming from and what it it connecting to. Lines 1 and 5 are the water flow from the pump to the IC. Line 7 is the water out. Where is that water discharging to? I have the 215 SCIC and I don't think I have ports there...

Thanks,
    Jim

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information