Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

fzr down on speed....help

I just picked up an 09 fzr with 33 hours. The guy gave me a list of parts he had installed and said the ski gps 67.? stock and he hasnt gps'd it with the mods but I just gps it and it ran 66.5 peak and average of 65. It is 90 degrees and humid here but still i would expect more. Mods are as follows:

-r&d c1 monster wheel

-r&d anti cav cone

-r&d cfm plate

-solas 13/24

- rideplate spacer removed/ and he says no shims added

X-Closed Course Racer xracer128's Avatar

Cool

Sounds to me like those mods should have been done after installation of a free flow exhaust kit, air filter kit, and intake ribbon removal. I would suggest shimming the ride plate or even put the stock shims back in to see if there is a difference...

There are plenty of Experts of this ski in this forum and hopefully they will post ideas soon...

+1
    What rpm is it turning at WOT? My guess is the prop is too tall. Without the manifold sleeve, aftermarket intake & powershot, I doubt the C1 will make enough power to turn a 24.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    What rpm is it turning at WOT? My guess is the prop is too tall. Without the manifold sleeve, aftermarket intake & powershot, I doubt the C1 will make enough power to turn a 24.
    Ditto on that, way too tall. Time for more mods!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Ditto on that, way too tall. Time for more mods!!!

yeah its only turning 7200-7300. what is the stock prop capable of, i may just put it back in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    exactly u need a air intake,freeflo exhaust and a powershot to make it run right with that prop and you should see atleast 72mph and more with rideplate work

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    exactly u need a air intake,freeflo exhaust and a powershot to make it run right with that prop and you should see atleast 72mph and more with rideplate work

well heres the deal , not sure if either of you guys read my post fzr vs rxpx but long story short after a few days of finding deals, i have all three now. I dont plan on keeping all of them just two. my rxpx already runs 76 , the rxtx has no hours and this is the deal with the fzr. If it seems pretty postive that the prop is slowing me down i will mod it more or put the stock prop back on, i just dont want to spend time and money chasing stock mph.

+1

Exclamation Important info for evryone who wants to go fast

As I have posted befor! With these supercharged motors and a lot of different add on parts combinations a good tack and a properly pitched impeller for the correct rpm's your combination requires is the ONLY WAY you are going to get the best performance for your mods. If you miss the correct rpm range by 100+ rpm's Or more You are wasting good money on mod parts if you don't do It!

+1
    RUSH, your prop is definitely too tall with your current modifications.

I would install the air intake, intake manifold upgrade and free flow exhaust. That will get your RPM's back up to where they need to be and will bring on some more speed and acceleration.

If you don't want to add any mods at this point then you will need to drop down in impeller size.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
    As I have posted befor! With these supercharged motors and a lot of different add on parts combinations a good tack and a properly pitched impeller for the correct rpm's your combination requires is the ONLY WAY you are going to get the best performance for your mods. If you miss the correct rpm range by 100+ rpm's Or more You are wasting good money on mod parts if you don't do It!

well said Tommy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information