Sync 38`s carbs on a `95 Raider?

What can I do to get all my carb throttle plates opening evenly on my `95 1100 Raider? Is there a mod kit available?

I was gonna get them 'taper-bored' also, rather than replace them with 44`s, because I prefer the better gas mileage. Please give me your Brutal Honest opinions....

I have a 1100 motor, with Ted Boyko `93 octane recreational cylinder and case porting (Orange County CA) compression 145, 145, 135 (I think, or whatever the safe modded porting #`s are) Stock 'smoothed' pump with Solas Impeller, K & N`s, premix, Rad Flywheel, ported intake manifold.

I welcome your input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by CatRunner View Post
    What can I do to get all my carb throttle plates opening evenly on my `95 1100 Raider? Is there a mod kit available?

I was gonna get them 'taper-bored' also, rather than replace them with 44`s, because I prefer the better gas mileage. Please give me your Brutal Honest opinions....

I have a 1100 motor, with Ted Boyko `93 octane recreational cylinder and case porting (Orange County CA) compression 145, 145, 135 (I think, or whatever the safe modded porting #`s are) Stock 'smoothed' pump with Solas Impeller, K & N`s, premix, Rad Flywheel, ported intake manifold.

I welcome your input.

1. Turn your idle screw out completely and then losen up all the adjusters.....push the flys closed and then tighten back up the screws and reset your idle.

2. I had taperbore carbs and I personally didn't like them. It reduced the carb signal and made tuning a beach and I can't say I noticed a difference woth the money I paid to have them done.

M

i bought a carb sync tool off fleabay for a vw bug $30 just sit it on top of the carb and has a little float that raises as it vaccumes measure each 1 and set the carb as needed
    i sync lots of carbs so $30 its worth it
    ill see if i can find a link
    jason

that ventui sync is great for balancing ..first as MP says,get your plates all properly adjusted ,then do your mix adjusting via the needles watching rpm peaks and drops..

we used that sync tool on the delardos and webers too... it a handy tool to fine tune 4 strokes..I have never tryed it on a two stroke aplication..It works as well on a two stroke as a four?

yes i dont use it for tuning , just sync the butterflies
    makes it a piece of cake
    jason

we used it for fine tuneing.. IMT,butterflys could be set with the tool ,but not accurately ...the tool worked best for us in fine tuneing, as you reached your ideal RUNNING efficiency with needle setting, the 'float' in the tool would be pulled down to the strongest signal indicated..

*** this is MY OPINION and not saying Vomitspot does not have a valid use for it..its not how I would use it***

... by using this as a butterfly setting tool, its signal would be affected by various running needle setting (think cart before the horse).... this would work well if you set the carbs on a flow bench FIRST, but IMO ,not the best use of the tool on a running motor to sync. the carbs ... I'd check the butterflys visually with feeler gages, then do the needles(with the tool!).. check plug color ,chop and piston wash..then if you got it .. lazer the cylinders thermoly for hot spots and balance..

I appreciate your info guys.... Thanks.

Thread Information