Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Engine Issues Please HELP!!!!!!!!!!

G/H buds,

As you all know i changed the washers on my SC to the RIVA ones and i did everything as instructed so i went & tested it out on the lake drove it for like an hour everything was fine and yesturday i went out to the ocean ran fine all the way to elliot key then on the was back all of a sudden it felt like if i had caught sea weed so i jumped off and checked and there was nothing so started it up again and it was moving fine till about 3500 rpm's then all of a sudden it feels like my prop aint moving and my motor starts to rev up like if i was missing a shaft or if like my prop wasn't enguaging.... so i towed it in and when i took off my drain plugs oil was coming out of there & when i check the oil on the engine it was dry.... no engine oil.... what do i do? what can be the problem??? please hlep i am lost.... thanks all for your advice & help in advance!

Do you guys think this is a shaft issue or maybe something to do with the supercharger??? i am hoping that it's maybe the shaft thats messed up but what i am really worried about is where/how the oil is coming out....

+1
    long shot, only thing i can say to check would be where the drive shaft goes into the motor. The driveshaft goes through a bearing in a rubber boot. if this fails itll piss all the oil out. flip the boot up and look for signs of oil

is it hard to remove that shaft? i am going to try to search for a thread that shows how to remove that shaft and i guess check that... i am getting frustrated with this i dont want to start taking everything apart and then that not being the problem but from the looks of it thats what it seems like is going to happen....

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Check for broken motor mounts... this will cause the motor to shift forward possibly pulling the bearing from the pto, and can also strip out your drive shaft splines

+1
    First time i pulled mine out it took me about 30min. Befor you pull the pump off spray the bearing for the pto with nut buster then give it a tap to free it up. then push the support ring #30 back and remove the C-clip on the shaft (you may need 2 people for this). then you can remove the pump and then the shaft will come out.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=163&B=13

Wow... ok another question sorry this might seem dumb but whats a pto??? also how how did you find the link so i can try and find it because it doesnt show me the pic of what your trying to show me its more like a search window for parts... thanks guys i truly appreciate it i will definately check the motor mounts that sounds more like it....

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    PTO = Power Take Off

Basically... what your drive shaft rides in

+1
    click the link to the left called order OEM parts

Ok i will check the motor mounts on it... its just really weird to me that a boat with only 19 hours would do this much damage but i guess things happen...thank you guys/girls for your advice...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information