Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FZR mods

FZR mods

Hi guy's,

I have just put a deposit on a new, blue FZR, due to collect on friday & can't wait

I ride in the ocean off the South West coast of the Uk with a group of friends several of who are running stock RXP-X's.

I know that the X is a quicker ski out of the box but what mods would I need on my FZR to keep up with, -or better them?

Would the air flow & exhaust mods be enough??

Thanks in advance,

Alan.

+1
    Hi Alan, congrats on the new ski.

Have a look at my FZR build up thread. That will give you some ideas and show the differences each mod makes when added to the ski.

The following mods will make a huge improvement to your ski

Air intake
    Intake Manifold upgrade
    free flow exhaust
    Solas or R&D impeller

CONGRATS on the new ski dont be surprise when you run right with your buddies on their x's and if you guys run in the ocean where there is more CHOP dont be surprise when you start to pull them by a ski or 2 . our stock fzs with 1 1/2 hr's ran a best of 69.6 completely stock. but there are a few things you will want to do, first is your break in and you can search on GH for the best method's ..but as i am sure you have heard break em hard and thats how they will run , break em soft and thats how they will run . your first crank of the ski should be in the water and let her idle around for 5 min's and you will want to do some gradual short WOT, but again search GH for more details from some of the experts on here that have done it and its proven, we did. mod's right in the beginning should be your intake grate and remove the foam inserts from behind the pretty chrome cowls up close to your handle bars. other mod's are going to depend on your budget but go with the intake manifold upgrade, free flow, air filter. also best advise until you pick up your ski do a lot of research on here like JD 1 FZR build and Green Hulk FRZ build and there is a ton of free info for you there on these ski's on what best to do, ENJOY

Thanks guy's,

I've been following those & other threads & to be honest it is Jerry's and everyone elses enthusiasm for these ski's that has lured me away from my RXT.

I am planning to do the grate, air intake, manifold upgrade & exhaust fairly soon, I could see the gains on the thread but wasn't sure how that would compare to the rxp-x, acceleration being my bag more than top speed.

Bearing in mind that I only ride in the ocean is it still advisable to remove the foam pieces or would it let water in?

Cheers, Alan

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by plymouthal View Post
    Thanks guy's,

I've been following those & other threads & to be honest it is Jerry's and everyone elses enthusiasm for these ski's that has lured me away from my RXT.

I am planning to do the grate, air intake, manifold upgrade & exhaust fairly soon, I could see the gains on the thread but wasn't sure how that would compare to the rxp-x, acceleration being my bag more than top speed.

Bearing in mind that I only ride in the ocean is it still advisable to remove the foam pieces or would it let water in?

Cheers, Alan
    take the foam out. i almost only ride in ocean and have had zero issues. It is very had for water to get in there and if i does, it goes to the bilge.

+ 1 only ride in Ocean here too.... no issues

Ideal, they will be coming out first then.

Excuse my ignorance but I see 2 exhaust kits listed in the store, a freeflow kit & a rear exhaust kit, what exactly is the difference between the two, physically & performance wise?

Also how loud do these mods make the FZR, compared to my rxt its a noisy beast anyway

Cheers again, Alan

+1
    The free flow utilizes the stock exhaust exit location.

The rear exhaust uses a billet tip that you mount to the back of the hull and the kit comes with a billet stock exhaust blockoff plate.

I have used both and don't think there is a difference in performance.

The rear exhaust definitely sounds better. With the free flow dumping into the pump tunnel area there is a drone around 3000 RPM's.

Thanks again Jerry for the fast reply, The wish list is growing by the minute

Is there any way to do a rear exhaust on a sho?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information