08 RXT-X Intake Manifold?

Okay, decided to winterize the ski today. Decided to go by the book and pull the fuel rail to fog the valves and cylinders. Pulled the plastic cover and went to loosen the front bolt and it just spins, thought maybe I screwed up and tightened stripping it, looked at the ratchet nice Snap-On idiot version that tells you what way to toggle the rachet, was correct. Went to back one came out no problem. This is the first time this has been touched and it seams the insert has broken free inside the plastic and is just spinning.
    Any ideas? It is an insert correct?
    I can get a '04 intake off a 215hp motor for reasonable but 255's seam to have something else different besides the internal intercooler to the tune of $150-200 more for the X-boat's.
    At this point I'm not messing with it but I want to be prepared if it becomes a problem or if there is an easy fix.

+1
    There was a thread about this awhile back. Something about clamping the spot were the insert is with some vice grips, then prying up on the rail and loosening the bolt at the same time. I am sure someone who has done it will chime in.

No good deed goes unpunished. I wouldn't do this step in winterizing the motor. I didn't on my 04 and it ran perfectly for 5 seasons and 250 hours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    There was a thread about this awhile back. Something about clamping the spot were the insert is with some vice grips, then prying up on the rail and loosening the bolt at the same time. I am sure someone who has done it will chime in.
    +1 best way toget the bolt out. never done it on a 4tec but works great on the cars that ive had the same kind of problem

Quote Originally Posted by dave911rsr View Post
    No good deed goes unpunished. I wouldn't do this step in winterizing the motor. I didn't on my 04 and it ran perfectly for 5 seasons and 250 hours.
    ya well dave i would never by your ski knowing it wasnt witerized right. Till 250hrs, let me guess did it drop a valve? you need to remove the fuel rail to fog the motor. this lubricates the motors internal parts and prevents corrosion. If you dont fog a motor berfor the winter its a sure way to lose a valve.

Thanks guys will remember the vise grip idea.
    I still fogged it, just through the throttle body the hard way! Can't wait to get the Riva intercooler relocation kit and exhaust on this thing so i can work on it with out taking it apart for simple maintenance.

If some one could take a pic of their manifold if/when they take the fuel rail off so I can see what the insert looks like.

I'll have to search for the old thread.

Thread Information