Guess how much I sold my MSX 150 for?

I know, I know, lame title, but just letting you guys know I got $1950 for the ski and trailer. Sold it to a mechanic guy in San Diego who says he'll fix it and let me know what the problem was. F.Y.I it died on me at the lake-Doing about 25mph. Oil was present inside the hull. Wouldn't start afterwards....My mechanic said it needed a new bottom end. I'll be buying a carbuerated Polaris ski instead. No more 4 strokes for me. Any ideas?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Did you like the ride and styling of the MSX hull?

The MSX 140 is the same hull, with a 2-stroke engine inside. Similar power, mechanically way less complicated.

I have a red 2004 MSX 140

Very interesting. I do like the look & power of the 150, but the webber engine is difficult at best. I might be interested. Where are you located? Basically I just want a ski that is easier on the wallet if repairs need be.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfann02 View Post
    Very interesting. I do like the look & power of the 150, but the webber engine is difficult at best. I might be interested.

Where are you located?

Basically I just want a ski that is easier on the wallet if repairs need be.
    My MSX 140 is not for sale. I am happy with it, and thought it might be an option for you.

The MSX 140 runs the Ficht fuel injection, which means no carburetors to tune or worry about. It also delivers rather good fuel economy, for a PWC.

If you want to really fly with an MSX hull without running the Weber engine, there are a few Matrix 200 2-stroke carburetor conversions around, and some are even for sale. The Matrix conversions are more work to tune and maintain than a stock MSX 140, but they do run strong.

+1
    I'd suggest a 95 slt. there cheap, lots of parts around, easy access to engine compartment, spins 180's 360's with no sponsons, deep hull, never get wet on it, heavy(450-500 lbs.), jumps waves great, very stable, U can puller a skier with it legally with a spotter, huge front compartment, good on gas actually and a big fuel tank.--11 gallons I think. carberated. Plenty of guys here that could help ya tune it. I love mine. It's just pure fun. holds 2 people easily and maintains its speed.
    Or a 780 would be cool too. A tad smaller, although I dont know much about those.
    I turn around and fish off it too in the river.!!! And lots of bolt-ons available for it. grates,ride plates,sponsons,pumps , impellors and such.
    Look to the left there <<<<< Thats me getting on plane in 2 seconds!. Does 48MPH stock.My 95 polaris 750slt Finally running right! Video by Thomas william - MySpace Video

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Thats a great price for a non running ski, I would expect to not get much more than that for one of my TX's in So Cal, and trailers around here glavanized where going for acution $100 to $300 last week

Buy American or Learn To Read This: >^$"#[email protected]*$:?</
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsfann02 View Post
    Very interesting. I do like the look & power of the 150, but the webber engine is difficult at best. I might be interested. Where are you located? Basically I just want a ski that is easier on the wallet if repairs need be.
    I might be willing to sell my 1996 SLTX 1050 with only 97 original hours on it with trailer for $2350 cash only though! it has a 2006 Zieman single trailer with wider tires and less than 350 miles on it. i purchased the trailer last fall new as a dealer leftover

KBB value is still $2k plus really low hours and the trailer

+1
    Now that you sold your MSX 150 you should think about a MSX 140 its a Great boat I love mine I have 3 of then 2 stocker and 1 Matrix and I have a MSX 110 less the engine that im building a 140 engine to mount in the 110 hull so I can have a faster boat then stock but not a matrix Im going to run Carbs, ported cylinders, some compression and some other Fun Stuff.

I love the MSX hull's they work great and look great

Thread Information