Few Questions for Winter Projects i have for my 780 Sl

This winter i have 3 separate small projects i would like to accomplish for my ski by next april. I had some general questions about each and if you can provide any input i would appreciate it!

1) First i need to repaint the hood cover as it is really scratched up. When doing this i lose all the decals for my 1997 Sl 780 and can not seem to find a cheap place to buy the decals ill need for replacement after i have it painted. Does anyone know of any good sites to buy the decals?

2) I had another shop offer to completely re gel coat the bottom of my ski for $200. How hard would this be to do yourself (for anyone with experience) or should i just pay to have it done for that price?

3) The last and probably the best upgrade would be to re-do my seat. The seat is in good condition but has never been re-done and after 12 years the padding is pretty much gone. There is absolutely no absorption
    at all when hitting down hard on the seat. Is it possible to buy some thicker more comfortable foam for the seat?

thanks for your time,
    Matt

Buy American or Learn To Read This: >^$"#[email protected]*$:?</
    Quote Originally Posted by MSCARD02 View Post
    This winter i have 3 separate small projects i would like to accomplish for my ski by next april. I had some general questions about each and if you can provide any input i would appreciate it!

1) First i need to repaint the hood cover as it is really scratched up. When doing this i lose all the decals for my 1997 Sl 780 and can not seem to find a cheap place to buy the decals ill need for replacement after i have it painted. Does anyone know of any good sites to buy the decals?

2) I had another shop offer to completely re gel coat the bottom of my ski for $200. How hard would this be to do yourself (for anyone with experience) or should i just pay to have it done for that price?

3) The last and probably the best upgrade would be to re-do my seat. The seat is in good condition but has never been re-done and after 12 years the padding is pretty much gone. There is absolutely no absorption
    at all when hitting down hard on the seat. Is it possible to buy some thicker more comfortable foam for the seat?

thanks for your time,
    Matt
    I just found some decals on Ebay the other day. Just type Polaris sl in all categories and they should show up. The other questions I'll leave to more qualified guys.

on the gel coat, I was doing some reasearch on that and there is some DIY video from Tap Plastics regarding non-structural gelcoat repair:

tapplastics.com

thanks a lot for the replies so far! That video is perfect tenjuna! If anyone else has any information please let me know

Thread Information